OT: CF Montreal Thread - Civics, welcome to HFCFM Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He does show some flashes every time he's in there. He could have had a prime scoring opportunity today if him and Hamdi ( or Djorge, I'm not sure which) had been more in sync on one of his runs late in the match.

They haven't had much chance to play together. This lack of chemistry was expected. Let's hope that things will eventually work out (and that the other teams don't get better)

Also. This was the first game where we didn't concede in like 19 games :laugh:

Reactions: QuebecPride

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Missed the game again, saturday was for the boys.

But Hamdy looks like the real deal watching the highlights.

Do you guys know of a service that archives the games so you can watch them after?

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020

Do you guys know of a service that archives the games so you can watch them after?
DAZN has the games for the Canadian teams but only 2 days after broadcast. If you don’t mind probably learning the score before watching it it’s I think the only option.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
DAZN has the games for the Canadian teams but only 2 days after broadcast. If you don’t mind probably learning the score before watching it it’s I think the only option.
Will probably get it in that case. Thanks for the tip.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

He was SOLID. Very creative in the final 3rd. He's a lot faster than Sejdic, who started the game at the same spot.

What I hoped for Hamdi, when we got him, was for him to become the undisputed back-up at the 10 spot, behind Mihailovic. But having him at box-t0-box, gives Montreal a 2nd option to distribute threw-balls in the axe. With him on the field, we become more than a one trick pony, always going from the corridors and centering the ball.

If he keeps playing that good consistently, Piette will hit the bench permanently, and come in to protect leads.

As for watching archived games, personally I only pay the monthly fee when the NFL season starts, but doesn't DAZN do that? I know they're regionally blocked on game day, but I think they become available after a while.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He was SOLID. Very creative in the final 3rd. He's a lot faster than Sejdic, who started the game at the same spot.

What I hoped for Hamdi, when we got him, was for him to become the undisputed back-up at the 10 spot, behind Mihailovic. But having him at box-t0-box, gives Montreal a 2nd option to distribute threw-balls in the axe. With him on the field, we become more than a one trick pony, always going from the corridors and centering the ball.

If he keeps playing that good consistently, Piette will hit the bench permanently, and come in to protect leads.

As for watching archived games, personally I only pay the monthly fee when the NFL season starts, but doesn't DAZN do that? I know they're regionally blocked on game day, but I think they become available after a while.

Piette will probably rotate for Wanyama

Reactions: QuebecPride

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Any news on Anthony Jackson-Hamel ?
I hope he goes CPL. He's nothing more than an MLS bench player. Playing in the CPL and lighting it up there might actually help him move up, but he's never made smart career decisions so we'll see.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I doubt Wanyama, outside of injury, will take much time off the field this year.

Last year I felt like he was slowing down near the end. Considering how our bench is better this season, I would expect a bit of rotation and rest here and there.. especially if we keep playing in Florida for a while

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Last year I felt like he was slowing down near the end. Considering how our bench is better this season, I would expect a bit of rotation and rest here and there.. especially if we keep playing in Florida for a while
It’s possible. If his performance dips I hope he gets switched but I’m not really sure what to expect from him this year. The club mentioned a few times that last year was weird for him (coming, season shuts down, restart in the bubble then another break) that he never really got into the rhythm of a full season.

Hope that’s true and this year he can find another level.

Reactions: ArtPeur

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Why hasn't he played yet? Injury? Or question of being acclimated with the team just like Hamdi?
My thoughts. I was hoping to see him vs Columbus. They were defending against the counter pretty well for most of the game, so I thought his 1v1 skill would have helped but I guess Hamdi helped break the Crew down enough that Torres was redundant.

Reactions: JtotheC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad