OT: CF Montréal: L'Ère de Courtoisie

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Hopefully this doesn’t hurt the team because ultimately, you lost to 1 weird ass goal and 3 goals that literally shouldn’t have been

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
This was the first and likely last mls regular season match I watch this year. What bull shit.

Bush league that works against canadian club success im convinced.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
and sirois is entirely to blame on 4th goal. yes it's incredibly windy and for that reason, he needs to play his line. he needs to be glued there

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Can someone show me the Edwards's elbow that give the penalty please ?
They've only shown the replay once and it wasn't a close camera shot. But it looked like an elbow while in the box. The Chicago player didn't drop down or anything, kept playing. Must have been called by the VAR ref

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
They've only shown the replay once and it wasn't a close camera shot. But it looked like an elbow while in the box. The Chicago player didn't drop down or anything, kept playing. Must have been called by the VAR ref

Can the lineman called the penalty ?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

It's harsh, but it's within the rule book.

That being said, the Chicago GK should've gotten a red for a hand ball outside his surface and Chicago's first goal is miles offside.

It was just a very poorly reffed match.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That was frustrating, to say the least :help: The type of match where you may as well just forget it ever happen and just start working on the next one right away. The team is going on a two week break, still a lot of positives to build around.

Reactions: Andrei79

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It's harsh, but it's within the rule book.

That being said, the Chicago GK should've gotten a red for a hand ball outside his surface and Chicago's first goal is miles offside.

It was just a very poorly reffed match.
PRO refs cannot come back soon enough

That was frustrating, to say the least :help: The type of match where you may as well just forget it ever happen and just start working on the next one right away. The team is going on a two week break, still a lot of positives to build around.

They win that game 9 times out of 10, it took a red card and many missed calls against the team.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
PRO refs cannot come back soon enough

They win that game 9 times out of 10, it took a red card and many missed calls against the team.

The 10 min. added time is so weird. Same thing is happening around the league.

It's like no one is keeping the time and they just feel it out, they either go 5 min. if they feel there wasn't much going on, but if they feel there were a lot of stoppages, it goes to 10.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Oh man, just saw the highlights. This one sucks but I feel is a good lesson and opportunity for Courtois to reiterate to the team that's there's a lot of work left.

That said, they scored 3 times and led most of the game, on the road again. That's a positive.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Oh man, just saw the highlights. This one sucks but I feel is a good lesson and opportunity for Courtois to reiterate to the team that's there's a lot of work left.

That said, they scored 3 times and led most of the game, on the road again. That's a positive.

Well said.

It's good material to show the team that parking the bus after scoring early is not a good idea.

You gotta know how to manage the ball when you're in possession. Many players panicked in yesterday.

When you don't have the ball, the higher the chances of getting stupid calls against you.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Didn't watch the game. But are these things accurate?

The 9 minutes of added time in the first half was fine... It took a long time to call the first penalty, but I missed the second penalty.

Edwards foul was an elbow. The corner call I'm not sure if AppleTV showed the replay? I didn't see it. The 9 minutes of added time in the 2nd half seemed too much to me.

And yeah. the missed hand ball...

Reactions: Adam Michaels

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I'm so sorry guys...

Why you apologizing? The only people who think Giroud would come here are the same ones that think every French Canadian wants to a should play for the Habs. Most likely, the money just won't be there.

Having said that, he would go to New York or LA and honestly be not that big of a thing outside of the soccer scene. If he came here, he would be treated like a King.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He would have had the entire town in the palm of his hand and the richest contract in franchise history, but big market allure is hard to beat I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad