CenturyLink and DirecTV Add AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
DirecTV and U-Verse also announced that AT&T Rocky Mountain will be available in Clark County and Mohave County, AZ starting September 15th as well.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
BB- Are you saying that Direct TV moved it down to the Regional Sports tier? Until yesterday, it had been in a higher, Premier Sports tier, which is $14/mo. more.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
BB- Are you saying that Direct TV moved it down to the Regional Sports tier? Until yesterday, it had been in a higher, Premier Sports tier, which is $14/mo. more.

I can't find the tweet now, but I assume it goes to basic in the area since they put the date on it.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
do you guys know if the local channel will carry all Vegas' pre-season games?

Vancouver on the 17th, LA on the 26th, Colorado on the 28th, and San Jose on the 1st will all be on AT&T Sportsnet RM according to the schedule on the Knights' site.

Colorado will be on Altitude and Anaheim is on Prime Ticket, so those might be hard to find locally unless you've got a super duper TV sports package.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Vancouver on the 17th, LA on the 26th, Colorado on the 28th, and San Jose on the 1st will all be on AT&T Sportsnet RM according to the schedule on the Knights' site.

Colorado will be on Altitude and Anaheim is on Prime Ticket, so those might be hard to find locally unless you've got a super duper TV sports package.

Interesting thought: I know that Prime Ticket will blackout the Ducks regular season games in Vegas, but will the preseason games be available? I'm thinking they might.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Interesting thought: I know that Prime Ticket will blackout the Ducks regular season games in Vegas, but will the preseason games be available? I'm thinking they might.

I think it has to be available through a local broadcast to be blacked out, doesn't it? If AT&T isn't there, I don't think they'd get blacked out.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
as an FYI, I work for Dish and we're in the middle of standoffs with AT+T (one of many) because they're asking for a surcharge for Knights games that we almost certainly aren't going to pay. Apologies on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
AT/T aside I think it's a pretty shortsighted move on the team's part to not just go with a channel that would guarantee easy coverage out of the gate. The desire to open things within other markets outside of Vegas has led to a situation where many in the Vegas valley won't even get to watch the first season of their new team. I mean sure, the service providers share their end of the blame but the organization should have anticipated they may face some hardball negotiations and the fact that things might not be resolved with Cox by the drop of the puck game 1...I mean the idea that not every TV in the valley will be able to be used to televise that historic first game is an absolute travesty. I've done my best not to be negative about this team but if things aren't resolved, it's a massive blunder and one that will never be excusable. I never fathomed we might exist in a situation where not every TV owning Las Vegan will be able to watch their first pro sports team's game. It disgusts me just to talk about.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
FWIW, when I was talking to Steve Carp at the Kings/VGK rookie game last night, I mentioned my prediction: Cox and VGK will come to an agreement on October 5, the day before the first game. He immediately shook his head and brushed me off, saying "I think it's gonna happen a lot sooner - they're real close."

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
AT/T aside I think it's a pretty shortsighted move on the team's part to not just go with a channel that would guarantee easy coverage out of the gate. The desire to open things within other markets outside of Vegas has led to a situation where many in the Vegas valley won't even get to watch the first season of their new team. I mean sure, the service providers share their end of the blame but the organization should have anticipated they may face some hardball negotiations and the fact that things might not be resolved with Cox by the drop of the puck game 1...I mean the idea that not every TV in the valley will be able to be used to televise that historic first game is an absolute travesty. I've done my best not to be negative about this team but if things aren't resolved, it's a massive blunder and one that will never be excusable. I never fathomed we might exist in a situation where not every TV owning Las Vegan will be able to watch their first pro sports team's game. It disgusts me just to talk about.

Could not have said it better.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
FWIW, when I was talking to Steve Carp at the Kings/VGK rookie game last night, I mentioned my prediction: Cox and VGK will come to an agreement on October 5, the day before the first game. He immediately shook his head and brushed me off, saying "I think it's gonna happen a lot sooner - they're real close."

A bit of encouraging news at least.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Didn't see the game today because my channel 684 was blacked out too. I have every goddamn sports channel from San Diego to the Bay Area, but this ******** channel is extra?

lvwranglersfan

Jun 8, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Didn't see the game today because my channel 684 was blacked out too. I have every goddamn sports channel from San Diego to the Bay Area, but this ******** channel is extra?

I had that same problem too, but I called Directv and they did something behind the scenes and I got it in time to see the 3rd period. They had to do something with reauthorizing the programming, but that's the extent of what I know.

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Also had a "chat" with Directv's Suzan in India this morning...it took and hour and me sending Steve Carp's RJ article from 9/12 on Directv carrying 684 on all Directv packages above $60, but had Sports Pack removed (bought yesterday to watch Knights vs Vancouver) and 684 is still on!!..e-mailed Steve that he's now part of the Directv database for Las Vegas customer complaints to hopefully take less than an hour to resolve with Directv

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Foley is still confident Cox will sign up.

And today, Foley made another bold prediction — that the team’s TV broadcast rights holder, AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, will reach a deal with Cox to distribute Golden Knights games on the local cable TV system in Las Vegas.

“We’re very confident,†Foley told LVSportsBiz.com Monday at the Golden Knights ceremony to christen their new practice facility and headquarters, City National Arena.

https://lvsportsbiz.com/2017/09/18/...ach-deal-golden-knights-broadcasts-las-vegas/

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
As far as I'm concerned, yesterday was the day. The Knights played a game that the entire country could watch except for people with Cox in Las Vegas.

The DirecTV hiccup was whatever, that will get fixed.

It was advertised that Cox subscribers would be able to watch that game.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Would have been nice to watch the game yesterday, but at this point I'll gladly settle for an agreement before the regular season opener.

Not hours before, though, as I suspect Cox would include SportsNet in a package I may not have, and I'll have to order it (cost depending), and I wouldn't trust Cox to get the channel fired up pronto.

So a few days notice would be welcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad