Central division talk

Which teams will make the playoffs (choose up to four)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
We're going to be facing each of our division rivals eight times this season so I thought I'd start a thread to talk about what's happening with our division rivals.

The Central Division this year: The Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Columbus Blue Jackets, Dallas Stars, Detroit Red Wings, Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning will compete in the Central Division.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Dallas also will be missing a couple of key players to start. From the Athletic:

The regular season is scheduled to conclude on May 8. This is mostly significant to the Stars for what it means for two of their best players: Tyler Seguin (hip) and Ben Bishop (knee), who are in the midst of lengthy rehabs from offseason surgeries. Both should be returning to action sometime around the end of March or beginning of April, if all goes smoothly. That would give them about a month to a month-and-a-half to get some regular-season action under their belts and prepare for a postseason run.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Huh. Better than I would have thought

The only team we really seemed to struggle against was Carolina. But who knows how this season will go. If we even get replacement-level goaltending and improve our team defense a little, I don't think we are going to be as bad as some of the predictions.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Head to head last year.

TeamRecordGFGA
Carolina0-2-028
Columbus2-0-064
Dallas1-1-154
Detroit1-1-054
Florida1-1-066
Nashville2-2-01111
Tampa1-1-076
8-8-14243
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks Head-to-Head Results | Hockey-Reference.com

We had goaltending last season: Lehner and Crawford are each .918 on the career with over 300 games each: (301 for Lehner, 488 for Crawford) at the close of last season. Delia's a .906 with 18 games to his credit, and Subban is a .899 with 66 games to his credit. Couple that with a team D that has barely improved in the off-season (if at all) and the 'hawks are likely going to be lit up like Clark W Griswold's house during the holidays. Unless Toews, Kane, Kubalik, Dach, and Debrincat all have career offensive seasons I think this season is going to be painful. Even if individual players take steps forward I wouldn't be surprised with a 2006-esque result.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
We had goaltending last season: Lehner and Crawford are each .918 on the career with over 300 games each: (301 for Lehner, 488 for Crawford) at the close of last season. Delia's a .906 with 18 games to his credit, and Subban is a .899 with 66 games to his credit. Couple that with a team D that has barely improved in the off-season (if at all) and the 'hawks are likely going to be lit up like Clark W Griswold's house during the holidays. Unless Toews, Kane, Kubalik, Dach, and Debrincat all have career offensive seasons I think this season is going to be painful. Even if individual players take steps forward I wouldn't be surprised with a 2006-esque result.

Yeah. Sure. A Blackhawks team with Toews, Kane, DeBrincat, Keith, Boqvist, Kubalik, Dach, Murphy, DeHaan, Zadorov, Janmark, Wallmark is going to be as bad as a team with a drunken washed up Khabibulin, and completely devoid of any offensive talent. A team that featured the ABC line, and whose leading scorer had 59 points... :laugh::laugh:

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Added a playoff poll for fun. Be warned, you cannot change your answers. It closes Jan. 13.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
If we even get replacement-level goaltending ....

tenor.gif

Reactions: Brightwing

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm going to say Bolts, Stars, Jackets, and Panthers, but Canes/Panthers/Jackets will be in a tight race for the third and fourth seeds. Us and Detroit will miss, and Preds need some positive surprises for them and negative surprises for at least two of the earlier teams for me to think they'll get in.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Looks like most of us are on the same page so far.

except @Mrfenn92

Looks like he has been hitting the holiday nog a little too hard.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Crow

May 19, 2014
Actually I take that back. He didn’t even vote for the hawks. Must be sarcasm.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
A bit off topic but I’m honestly looking more forward to the Canadian division than this one.

The salt is going to be at an all time high. It’s already started and we’re still weeks away from playing.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
It looks like a pretty weak division. I’d like to see the Hawks tank this short season for a blue chip prospect but it will be hard with the caliber of this division. The big question is whether the Hawks tending will be as bad as it looks on paper.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The only team we really seemed to struggle against was Carolina. But who knows how this season will go. If we even get replacement-level goaltending and improve our team defense a little, I don't think we are going to be as bad as some of the predictions.
I’ll be mildly surprised if we get replacement level goaltending.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Tampa, Dallas, Carolina, Columbus, Florida will look to knock one off. Maybe Nashville could do something but they are a longshot.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I have
Tampa
Carolina
Dallas (despite the injuries to Seguin and Bishop)
Columbus
Chicago
Nashville
Florida
Detroit

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
It looks like a pretty weak division. I’d like to see the Hawks tank this short season for a blue chip prospect but it will be hard with the caliber of this division. The big question is whether the Hawks tending will be as bad as it looks on paper.

How? It has the 4th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, & 16th teams ranked on point percentage, 4 & 10 being both Cup Finalists. It's stacked beside Detroit.

I'm surprised everyone has taken Columbus over Nashville. What am I missing here?

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
How? It has the 4th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, & 16th teams ranked on point percentage, 4 & 10 being both Cup Finalists. It's stacked beside Detroit.

I'm surprised everyone has taken Columbus over Nashville. What am I missing here?
They looked bad in the bubble. Unmotivated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad