Central division talk

Which teams will make the playoffs (choose up to four)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

.ag huh? Wow. I knew already that these clowns care about nothing but money and would walk over corpses to get more of it but to promote dubious offshore betting pages is bad even for the athletic clowns. Man. Like wtf:facepalm:

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
.ag huh? Wow. I knew already that these clowns care about nothing but money and would walk over corpses to get more of it but to promote dubious offshore betting pages is bad even for the athletic clowns. Man. Like wtf:facepalm:

What are you talking about?

Russo (who is a good beat writer) is just sharing the current odds now that the season has started Pierre is just sharing his tweet).

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What are you talking about?

Russo (who is a good beat writer) is just sharing the current odds now that the season has started Pierre is just sharing his tweet).

Ah yeah. And of all betting pages they had to pick a dubious one with an offshore domain? And of course the athletic clowns didn't receive a single cent to post that. Of course:laugh::laugh::laugh:

How naive are you? Man:facepalm:
Take a look at this and you'll know what the clowns are up to. Quality journalism is so yesterday if you ask the clowns. As per usual, they want a slice of the cake:

https://twitter.com/EvanEParker

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ah yeah. And of all betting pages they had to pick a dubious one with an offshore domain? And of course the athletic clowns didn't receive a single cent to post that. Of course:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Take a look at this and you'll know what the clowns are up to. Quality journalism is so yesterday if you ask the clowns. As per usual, they want a slice of the cake:

Naïve? I have seen Russo's work for close to a decade it has always been quality. LeBrun is also connected and respescted.

Betting in the US is not as simple as where you are from as you can't just bet anywhere. Not surprised you don't know this. BetAG is a decently safe place to bet. Here are the odds from MGM.

There is a decent chance that Russo and others don't have their own bookie

FYI, what you linked means nothing. Target post jobs on twitter as do other major corporations.

Stick to your complicated "fantasy" hockey" and making up when you started posting here.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Naïve? I have seen Russo's work for close to a decade it has always been quality. LeBrun is also connected and respescted.

Betting in the US is not as simple as where you are from as you can't just bet anywhere. Not surprised you don't know this. BetAG is a decently safe place to bet. Here are the odds from MGM.

There is a decent chance that Russo and others don't have their own bookie

FYI, what you linked means nothing. Target post jobs on twitter as do other major corporations.

Stick to your complicated "fantasy" hockey" and making up when you started posting here.

His last 10+ posts are all about betting and you think that Russo posting about an offshore betting page is just a coincidence? What else do you believe in? Santa clause?:facepalm:

I used to like Russo but his work went south as soon as he signed with the clowns. LeBrun always was a clown. Remember it was him who confused Minnesota and Dallas when posting the divisions. Probably doesn't even know the difference:laugh:
Also quite funny that a guy like him is working for a company called "the athletic". They should definitely take advantage of that:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
His 10+ posts are all about betting and you think that Russo posting about an offshore betting page is just a coincidence? What else do you believe in? Santa clause?:facepalm:
I used to like Russo but his work went south as soon as he signed with the clowns. LeBrun always was a clown. Also quite funny that a guy like him is working for a company called "the athletic". They should definitely take advantage of that:laugh::laugh::laugh:

He is literally just linking odds. They are in in line with other major sites and od makers.

You calling someone out for believing in Santa is almost as stupid as your takes on covid and masks or telling us how Strome is a great cycle player...laughable at best.

Imagine thinking that you need to be an athlete to write about athletics.

Just go away. Suter is here so we will actually be able to watch him and not have to look at posted stat lines.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

Talk about making something of nothing...

Reactions: BK

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Talk about making something of nothing...

Ah yeah. I totally believe that, especially after looking at their GM's twitter account. I'm actually convinced now that the athletic's didn't receive a single cent to post this and are in fact not at all interested in a slice of the sports betting cake. I'm sure they care about nothing but quality journalism. Money means nothing to them which is also why all of their articles are for free and why they'd never use clickbait or why they'd never buy data to flood people's mail inboxes with their ads.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ah yeah. I totally believe that, especially after looking at their GM's twitter account. I'm actually convinced now that the athletic's didn't receive a single cent to post this.

It don't change the odds bud. Anyone who bets sports (which I do) and anyone who is good at it (which I have done well doing so the past few years) checks multiple odds makers before making a bet.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Delia already played behind what was as bad a D as this team has had in the past years and was at around replacement level average.

Again somehow hes going to play like broken goalies in their 30s. But you know what they should do instead... sign one of these broken goalies in their 30s or maybe 40s because that's what people somehow think is a superior option for goalie success.
The issue is not the goalies so much as the team D. Lehner posted a .918 with us (a very good number) and was still over 3.00GAA because he saw more rubber than <insert tasteless joke here>. It's not that I think Delia's bad or will never be anything--there's not enough time he's seen the ice to get a really good gist of things, but if a seasoned goalie posting great individual stats posts over 3 goals a night, then how would Delia or Subban fare? Not well based on what they've done already.

Bringing in a vet goalie would be for mentorship--not taking over the reins.

The ultimate issue is the team D itself...and I don't think it's improved much and it might take awhile to sort out.

It's not the same team as last year. Maybe the team defense will improve with the forward acquisitions, and Zadarov? Maybe the defense is actually healthy this season? Maybe the "leaders" on this team don't openly revolt against playing defensive systems most of the NHL plays, because they can't cry to McDonough anymore? So there's actually buy-in on defense, and the effort from the forwards isn't horseshit all season?

Keith missed 9 games.
Murphy missed 12 games.
DeHaan missed 41 games.

Gustafsson was a tire fire all season.
Seabrook played 32 games and was pathetic.

This team is going to look much different this season. While Maata is a good SAH defenseman, Zadorov is a much better skater, and no slouch defensively. He's also extremely physical, which is an element they lack.

We will see in a couple months what they look like.
I don't have your confidence. I'm not seeing a better team defense on paper. I'm seeing an aged and worn Keith who, while not bad himself, needs his deployment limited and who will probably be over-relied on. I'm seeing a Seabrook who may or may not be Cullislow after surgery. I'm seeing Murph and DeHaan who are decent middle pair guys. I'm seeing a Zadorov who, while being an upgrade to Maata, is still a middle-pair guy in terms of defense. I'm also seeing one of the rookies or Boqvist being the gong show min the backend like Boqvist was last year (not the abortion that Gus was, but not good). I also don't have much confidence of a buy-in (especially if the core was shocked about the "rebuild") and I also don't have confidence that the FWDs will buy into their D assignments.

I'm seeing a team D that let in 35.1 SA/GP being augmented a bit by Zadorov but lost Saad. I see some players getting a but older and more seasoned but some seriously getting old. And lastly, I'm seeing 2 goaltender who are so green they need mowing.

I think the Team O will do fine. I think Debrincat will bounce back. I think Koob doesn't have a big sophomore slump. I think Dach takes some strides, and I think Toews and Kane are Toews and Kane. I just don't think that will be enough to overcome the deficit in the backened night-in/night out.

If I'm wrong, all the better for the 'hawks and I'll gladly eat crow. But, I really don't see a big improvement or think the team will look much different. And even if we do end up fighting Detroit for the Cellar as I predict that may not be the worst thing for the club.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If the goalies are bad early it’s gonna spiral quick. Go up two three goals and one gets in and the whole team starts grinding saw dust out of their sticks.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The issue is not the goalies so much as the team D. Lehner posted a .918 with us (a very good number) and was still over 3.00GAA because he saw more rubber than <insert tasteless joke here>. It's not that I think Delia's bad or will never be anything--there's not enough time he's seen the ice to get a really good gist of things, but if a seasoned goalie posting great individual stats posts over 3 goals a night, then how would Delia or Subban fare? Not well based on what they've done already.

Bringing in a vet goalie would be for mentorship--not taking over the reins.

The ultimate issue is the team D itself...and I don't think it's improved much and it might take awhile to sort out.
Do you want them to or just think they still will bring in a vet. I do not see the point. How long do you need mentorship? Subban has been behind Flower for years, Delia shared the bench with Ward and both had time a plenty in the room with Crawford. They are all guys at the age not needing that, they aren't Carter Hart aged or Ilya Samsonov.

Yeah they'll live and die by the team D and likely over 3GAA. But I think Delia may have more to show than just be worthless like people think

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
the goaltending situation is not ideal by any means but having the ability to run a 3 goalie system allows them to go with the hot hand (if one evolves) and doesn't allow the opposition to find their weakness as easy. Kind of like rookie pitchers in baseball do really well until the hitters figure them out so rotate them. Maybe one will end up with the reins from the competition.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
the goaltending situation is not ideal by any means but having the ability to run a 3 goalie system allows them to go with the hot hand (if one evolves) and doesn't allow the opposition to find their weakness as easy. Kind of like rookie pitchers in baseball do really well until the hitters figure them out so rotate them. Maybe one will end up with the reins from the competition.
Goalies are straight up voodoo and they always have been. It’s why even the surefire guys don’t get picked in the top 10.

Goalies come from nowhere all the time, sometimes you need to get lucky, whether it’s good goalie play for a season or a career. Where were Lundqvist and Rinne drafted? We could very well get lucky.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Do you want them to or just think they still will bring in a vet. I do not see the point. How long do you need mentorship? Subban has been behind Flower for years, Delia shared the bench with Ward and both had time a plenty in the room with Crawford. They are all guys at the age not needing that, they aren't Carter Hart aged or Ilya Samsonov.

Yeah they'll live and die by the team D and likely over 3GAA. But I think Delia may have more to show than just be worthless like people think

When Crawford was at the point that Delia is in his career they had just gotten Turco. I believe Crawford did mention that he learned a lot from him--so he wasn't just good for making fun of Regis McGuire. When Crawford was at Subban's point--they got Emery. They could have pulled in another young netminder but they went out and got a vet--likely for a stabilizing presence since it was into Crawford's sophomore season.

Subban may need it less (and may just be who he is--a .900 goaltender), but Delia only has something like 16 games under his belt. By the time Crawford was not sharing a bench with an older, more seasoned vet, it was 2014 and he became the starter in 2011...3 years down the line and 152 games into his career--compared to 66 for Subban.

I don't think they will bring in a vet at this point--at least for this season. It is what it is but both of out netminders have a long way to go before they're of the Lehner/Crawford ilk, and those two established netminder were just barely good enough to tread water in the "just missed in a normal year" scenario. Who knows, though. Both are thrown into a "prove it" phase for this year. I think Delia shows the more promise than Subban but my gut feeling is middle-of-the-pack starter at best. Truth be told I'm more excited to see what Lankien can bring--and there's zero book on him. He could fizzle like Salak. Or, maybe he is the next guy who can be above average most of his career. We don't know. I do hope that if Delia shows more than Subban he gets the nod.

But like always, if I'm wrong I'll eat crow.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I'm 2 out of 4, but I picked the Hawks to make it, so haha. No one picked both Nashville and Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->