Central Division Race [MOD WARNING; POST #697]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Damnit Winnipeg... why can't you just lose a game for a change?!!??!

...and the Jets are just starting to get their big guns back. Buff last night. Perreault on the weekend. Little next week. They've stayed in the race with some very significant injuries.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Not gonna lie.

Kiiiiinda hoping STL wins the division and gets Winnipeg in the first round. Don't care who wins, those teams would annihilate each other. It would look like an on-site military infirmary in the winner's locker-room.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
I'd like St. Louis to face someone other than the Hawks. It was a great series last year, but I think it'd be more entertaining to see them face either Minnesota or Winnipeg in round 1.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Thinking about it though, it's going to be kind of sad that a better team from the central is probably going to be golfing early because of the new format.

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
Chicago's last 10 games - 7-2-1 - 15pts
Minnesota's last 10 games - 7-3-0 - 14pts
Winnipeg's last 10 games - 7-3-0 - 14pts
LA's last 10 games - 6-2-2 - 14pts
Calgary's last 10 games - 5-2-3 - 13pts

This playoff race is beyond insane!!!!!

Another way to look at it 8 of 12 regulation losses for these teams was vs central

Chicago 1/2 Losses and 0/1 OTL were to Central
Minnesota 1/3 of losses were to Central
Winnipeg 2/3 of losses were to Central
LA 2/2 of losses and 0/2 OTL were to Central
Calgary 2/2 of losses and 1/3 OTL to Central

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Well Calgary or Minnesota has to lose tonight. You just gotta hope for a two point game.

Who does Winnipeg even cheer for in that game?

Calgary to keep Minnesota Close, or Minnesota to keep Calgary down.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I just want my Blues healthy Game 1. Don't care who the opponent is. I'm secretly cheering the Jets and Wild on so their last 2 games against the Blues don't turn into a goon fest.

It was nice to see last Saturday against the wild, even though the Blues were smacked around, there was something like 20 hits in the game.

It looks like we might have our howitzer(Shattenkirk) back tomorrow :)

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
It was said that Shattenkirk is likely a go for Saturday as long as he passes Friday's physical practice. This just tweeted from the Blues beatwriter Jeremy Rutherford:

#stlblues have moved on from physical part of practice to PP. Shattenkirk made it through fine, according to my medically informed opinion.

So looks like he's finally back. Big boost.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
All 7 teams in the division have cracked 80 points now.

Its very likely that every other division will have at least 2 teams not crack 80 points.

Central division is just plain stupid. :cry:

Agreed.

Goal differential by division as of today:

Central +151
Metropolitan +23
Atlantic -62
Pacific -112

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I just want my Blues healthy Game 1. Don't care who the opponent is. I'm secretly cheering the Jets and Wild on so their last 2 games against the Blues don't turn into a goon fest.

It was nice to see last Saturday against the wild, even though the Blues were smacked around, there was something like 20 hits in the game.

It looks like we might have our howitzer(Shattenkirk) back tomorrow :)

I've come to the same place.

I'm really enjoying the race. The Blues will be in the post-season, and I prefer home ice given the option. But I don't see any path out of the West that doesn't involve having to beat some tough opponents. I don't feel too strongly about any potential opponent any more.

I can't remember the last time the playoff race felt this intense.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Minnesota now 1 back from the Hawks for third, could overtake them tomorrow... Granted the Hawks have a game in hand and will have 2 in hand after tomorrow. MN holds a 4 ROW advantage. Peggers 3 points up on the Flames in 9th and 3 behind MN for Wild card number 2.

Crazy if Winnie gets 10 points in their last 7 games and LA gets 12 points in their last 8 games, which seems doable, we could have all 8 teams at 100+ points.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
There's so many scenarios but I would be fine with this one. Hawks wouldn't be able to face a Central team till the conference final (if they make it)

If the Ducks fall out of the top spot in the conference the Hawks and Wild are going to be tanking for the Pacific :sarcasm: Haha. Although I don't think that road will be much easier.. Kings, Ducks... Vancouver is looking strong and going under the radar too I think..

Will be great playoff games this year!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd like St. Louis to face someone other than the Hawks. It was a great series last year, but I think it'd be more entertaining to see them face either Minnesota or Winnipeg in round 1.
Agreed. In all honesty, neither the Blues and 'Hawks should have to lose to the other one in round 1. Both teams are good enough that I'd like to see them in round 2 or 3 instead. It'd be a great matchup.

As a Blues fan, I still want Minnesota. They should be beat, but if they aren't it will say a lot about this Blues club, IMO.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Agreed. In all honesty, neither the Blues and 'Hawks should have to lose to the other one in round 1. Both teams are good enough that I'd like to see them in round 2 or 3 instead. It'd be a great matchup.

As a Blues fan, I still want Minnesota. They should be beat, but if they aren't it will say a lot about this Blues club, IMO.

Yes, it will say the same thing it says about any other team losing a series: they're not as good as the team they were beat by.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Not sure why would that be. Guess I don't see any reason to believe what you wrote there to be true. I'll give you the Blues have had the Wild's # in the past, but how's that been relevant since the AS break? I'll also give you they stole one the game before last against the Blues, but the current roll, the depth, confidence, etc. I don't see much that would indicate a lopsided matchup (size perhaps) or make the Wild underdogs in a possible series. I think the days of the Wild playing scared against the Blues or being outmatched by them are over.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I want to be Pacific division champs. I want LA opening night 2015/16 while we raise our SC and Pacific division banners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad