Value of: Center With Some Offensive Ability to Minnesota

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What's the deal with Hamilton? Is he going to resign?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Canes have the cap space and a situation he seems to like....no one busts his balls for going to museums and he has good friends on the team.

Depends how much mgmt want to bust his balls in negotiations is my guess. Haven't seen the borg handle a situation like this with someone so close to UFA so, your guess is as good as mine.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boston could use blue line help, but Studnicka is their only C prospect of note on a team where their top two C's, Bergeron and Krecji, are well into their 30's.
From the Wild's POV, I'm not all that jazzed about Studnicka, either.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
any chance the Wild could grab Studnicka? Does Boston need anyone on their blue line?

They need LD and Bruins fans have been adamant for years that they won't trade Studnicka because he's their only potential top 6 center after Bergeron and Krejci.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
They need LD and Bruins fans have been adamant for years that they won't trade Studnicka because he's their only potential top 6 center after Bergeron and Krejci.
I saw in another thread from a Bruin fan though he is forced to play wing since he doesn't have room in the center spot for him. If Boston has 3ish years left of a window. Would it make sense to try and maximize it. However, the Wild don't have any good LD to trade so the deal would be DOA.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I saw in another thread from a Bruin fan though he is forced to play wing since he doesn't have room in the center spot for him. If Boston has 3ish years left of a window. Would it make sense to try and maximize it. However, the Wild don't have any good LD to trade so the deal would be DOA.

Yeah, but he's already playing in their top 6, so it would have to be an upgrade in their top 6, or a LD. It's not impossible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
It's tough to say what the Wild will do at center until they figure out what's up with Rossi. Honestly, right now that situation is starting to look ominous. Their chances of making the playoffs are looking OK, but they'll go nowhere in the playoffs with their current centers. Kinda stuck unless they move valuable assets, and Guerin is all about stocking up draft picks right now. Might depend if they can move the young defenseman Addison up, and maybe trade Dumba and something else for a 2nd line center. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it this year, move some veteran contracts, develop the young guys and get more draft picks.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Soucy has enough value to be in a conversation about Studnicka

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
This has Nuge written all over it. Oilers won’t pay him 7 mil to be a winger but another team will pay him that to be a center

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad