Value of: Center With Some Offensive Ability to Minnesota

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Bjugstad
Bonino
Eriksson Ek
Rask
(Rossi - out injured)

Pretty clear the Wild are needing something in the way of talent at center right now with above center depth.

With Kaprizov looking as advertised, Fiala emerging last season, and the overall ability of their defensemen, they desperately need someone who can play the off some of their wings without looking completely out of place.

Any options out there that are either blocked or are on the cusp of being passed up by other options in an organization?

What about a prospect swap on the level of the Wild RHD prospect Calen Addison?

The Wild potentially do have the pieces to go bigger game hunting pending other team needs given some options on roster, their developing prospect pool, and Pittsburgh’s and their own first round picks this year. However, money will start to get a bit tricky if the center has or is needing a large contract.

Anything out there that makes some sense?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Too early in the season for anyone to be willing to move what we need. I’d also wait 10ish or so games before just deciding this teams’ got the juice.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Minnesota would just be best taking the long route and letting Marco Rossi develop into this role as opposed to trading for someone. They of all organizations have no reason to hurry for anything and need to be thinking "long game"

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Minnesota would just be best taking the long route and letting Marco Rossi develop into this role as opposed to trading for someone. They of all organizations have no reason to hurry for anything and need to be thinking "long game"
Rossi wouldnt be getting traded. he would be apart of the future but thats 1 potential top six centerman. we need another and if we were able to get one for Dumba that would help plenty with the expansion draft.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Vilardi is untouchable, we've finally managed to get him healthy, I'd rather see what he can do. We have guys like madden and kupari that are possibly more likely, but i doubt we really want to move any youth just yet.

Carter is probably more likely
That is what i was figuring. id love to pry Vilardi away but it seems unlikely. if carter was under 30 sure but at 36 it really doesnt seem worth while unless its just to get us through this year and hope we can have Rossi and another young C ready to go.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Rossi wouldnt be getting traded. he would be apart of the future but thats 1 potential top six centerman. we need another and if we were able to get one for Dumba that would help plenty with the expansion draft.

Well that's how I mean. You wait it out and let Rossi fill the role that is being speculated on in this thread. Keep your assets and focus on rebuilding.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Well that's how I mean. You wait it out and let Rossi fill the role that is being speculated on in this thread. Keep your assets and focus on rebuilding.
trading dumba or a lesser asset does not slow down our rebuild though. we have some young RHD coming up the pipeline to fill his role. not the cannon he has but solid offensive ability. If we can trade Dumba + one of our 1sts to upgrade and give us another top 6C to compliment Rossi that speeds the rebuild up greatly. not sure what we should be waiting for.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I could live with the second option. Boldy straight up just would seem like a bad move on our part.
If I had to describe Strome, he's a poor man's Jumbo Joe. Worse skater and not as physical but elite or borderline elite hockey IQ and playmaking with a sneaky good shot.

If he could skate worth a lick and used his frame regularly he'd probably have been worth the 3rd pick in 2015.

Strome may no longer be available because of the uncertainty around Toews.

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad