Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Dvorak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It seems like we have 5 healthy NHL-caliber centers. Someone pinch me...

One of them will start the season on the wing, who in your opinion will be the guy moved to the wing?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
It seems like we have 5 healthy NHL-caliber centers.
They're only NHL caliber because their team is incapable of being relgated. 0-7 in the pre-season, my word!

By process of elimination it should be one of Monahan or Evans, it generally depends on how fit and ready Monahan is due to his known upside. Evans can do the job anywhere he plays, so he'll be shifted over first.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They're only NHL caliber because their team is incapable of being relgated. 0-7 in the pre-season, my word!

By process of elimination it should be one of Monahan or Evans, it generally depends on how fit and ready Monahan is due to his known upside. Evans can do the job anywhere he plays, so he'll be shifted over first.
Why are you so negative all the time ? Monahan looked decent out there...

We're rebuilding no matter what...

Seems like you're conflicted for real...

Wake up! We suck...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Monahan I would guess. Other than Dvorak, who Montreal likely want to build up his stats, sound like they are the future. This is the season to give them amble ice time

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Wake up! We suck...
Why are you so positive all the time? You were hfboards, resident cheerleader for MB for an entire decade while he destroyed our franchise and ran it into the ground.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I put Evans who will move back to center for injuries or when we trade Monahan or Dvorak.

The goal of this year is development and building trade value. So it makes sense to play Dach in the middle for development and to play Dvorak and Monahan for trade value.
Some are conveniently setting aside that it’s the first camp for this coach and this management team.

So rather than try to win exhibition games, they have attempted to test players in a variety of game situations and positions. They’re more interested in data mining so as to optimize what they have on hand — that includes how best to deploy the assets they have at center.

I think the way you laid it out provided the most flexibility since it caters to the two major goals of development and asset value in future player movement.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Seems likely that Evans would take more of the defensive duties on the 4th. Monahan on the wing could help production for one of the other centers.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Some are conveniently setting aside that it’s the first camp for this coach and this management team.

So rather than try to win exhibition games, they have attempted to test players in a variety of game situations and positions. They’re more interested in data mining so as to optimize what they have on hand — that includes how best to deploy the assets they have at center.

I think the way you laid it out provided the most flexibility since it caters to the two major goals of development and asset value in future player movement.

Well said brother. Of course it sucks to lose but the staff are doing exactly what they said they would do. Some players, such as Drouin, Hoffman and Gallagher, you already know what you got. Many of the new and/or younger players, they’re figuring it out.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I voted for Monahan, since I think he would fit with Caufield/Suzuki.

But realistically, Hughes would trade Dvorak for a vet RD.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
You need 5 competent C's. It doesn't really matter who moves because they will all get plenty of games at C. In fact I bet there are games when Pitlick will need to play C.

Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It seems like we have 5 healthy NHL-caliber centers. Someone pinch me...

One of them will start the season on the wing, who in your opinion will be the guy moved to the wing?
Monahan-Suzuki-Caufield
Drouin/Dadonov-Dvorak-Gallagher
Slafkovsky-Dach-Anderson
Dadonov/Drouin-Evans-Pitlick
extra: Hoffman, Pezzetta
IR: Armia
LTIR: Byron

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I said Evans as I believe he has some untapped offensive potential and he'd get more minutes on the wing.

When MSL took over, he had 17 points in 35 games and all of them were at ES.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022

Wake up! We suck...
Monahan was sold along with a FIRST ROUND PICK. He's a salvage project, he would not be in the NHL if it wasn't for his existing contract -- I want him to succeed though, because these redemption stories are cool but who are you kidding? I'm not being particularly negative either, simple analysis says that Monahan isn't an NHL calibre centre but Jake Evans probably can play on the wing if Monahan can keep up with the play as a centreman.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
If Monahan remains healthy and as mobile as he appeared in some flashes this preseason he should be at centre. He is no defensive dynamo, but his experience might help keep part of the roof from blowing off every single night. Maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad