Celtics/NBA Celtics to suspend coach Ime Udoka for a year, will make Joe Mazzulla interim coach

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
They've had a code of conduct for a long time. Someone leaked this to the press
that seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen since this story came out, but why hasn't the fanbase known about said policy.... and we're still waiting for official word from either Stevens or the ownership

the reason I'm posing this like that is this thread is secondary to the main forum as to why this thread and past threads on other teams are allowed here

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
another question is how long have the Celtics had a conduct code and why is this the 1st we've heard of said code... we know how Delaware North largely operates in cases like this

I'm sure every single basketball team and organization has this code of conduct, its a workplace, just like any other job. You cannot violate it. He did. He's an absolute f***ing idiot to do so. Now he's suspended. He wasn't thinking of his team. He was thinking with the wrong head, as my mother says.

Ime is an idiot.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
that seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen since this story came out, but why hasn't the fanbase known about said policy.... and we're still waiting for official word from either Stevens or the ownership

the reason I'm posing this like that is this thread is secondary to the main forum as to why this thread and past threads on other teams are allowed here
Why would the fanbase need to know said policy?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'm sure every single basketball team and organization has this code of conduct, its a workplace, just like any other job. You cannot violate it. He did. He's an absolute f***ing idiot to do so. Now he's suspended. He wasn't thinking of his team. He was thinking with the wrong head, as my mother says.

Ime is an idiot.
HOW is this any different than having Brad be promoted at this time last year, after saying he was done as a coach...... has Brad been chastized for this hire then as compared to now

Why would the fanbase need to know said policy?
how come we know the conduct policy of the Bruins/Delaware North in scenarios such as this.... say what you want about organizational accountability of the management team

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NBA G League sets 11/4/22 as opening night of a 32 game season and 18 Showcase tournament games.... which will follow what the Big 3 HAS DONE w/ a target score for OT

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The head f***ing coach can't f*** staff.

This sums up the entire thing for me. He's damn lucky not to get fired, never mind that the relationship was consensual. He was the head coach, she was a subordinate. Case closed.

Actually, this could end up wrecking his career anyway. The NBA is slowly but surely opening up for women both in coaching & management. You can bet they're keeping an eye on this situation. Even if he's squeaky clean for the remainder of his time in Boston, he'll eventually get fired as all head coaches do. In that event would another NBA team hire him? If you're an up & coming woman coach would you even consider applying for a job with a team that has him on staff?? Or if he joined an existing staff that you were a member of or held a team management position in, would you stay or resign in protest??? I can see him having to find another career after this debacle, easily.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Boston sports getting way too tabloidy.
Social media effect. It's not just boston sports. It's everything. Makes everything seem worse because we have instant access to every piece of news available everywhere in an instant, and most of it is bad, but in reality all this stuff was happening since the dawn of time. It was just easier to hide back then.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
At some point, he will get another offer or just get tired of not coaching, and he will resign. My question is did he lie about this to Stevens and company? There is more here. ...
he's not resigning immediately, though.... this isn't what Brad did a year ago, but this really since Brad's arrival here is the first adverse move that Stevens has had here.... since it was Danny that did all the hiring, this was Brad's team or so we were led to believe it was

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I'm guessing most of the current players don't think it's a big deal, either.

Paul Pierce hangs out with strippers while being married. He should shush on this topic.

The issue is simple. This is a HR workplace nightmare. He is the headcoach. You signed a contract and a code of conduct. He violated that. He's an adult. Deal with the consequences. This is put in place to protect people. A position of power a head coach holds over a staff member is huge. You can't let that slide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad