Celtics/NBA Celtics to suspend coach Ime Udoka for a year, will make Joe Mazzulla interim coach

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Maybe that's true, but stuff gets leaked all the time. They could have done something in my eyes to not have speculation run rampant with the women of their organization. The fact that they knew about all this going back till at least July, but still seemed caught off guard by the news being leaked and waited a couple days to even acknowledge the situation didn't sit right with me either.

I don't see how they possibly can punish the coach for this and not have the public attempt to sleuth out who the other party was. Its unfortunate but entirely inevitable. They maybe could have fired him and allowed him to resign for personal reasons and kept it buried. Maybe.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I don't see how they possibly can punish the coach for this and not have the public attempt to sleuth out who the other party was. Its unfortunate but entirely inevitable. They maybe could have fired him and allowed him to resign for personal reasons and kept it buried. Maybe.
If Ime's camp hadn't tried to get out ahead of this with the whole "consensual" horseshit, it *might've* been possible, but they didn't, and they are the ones to blame.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Confirms to me what we figured. The independent investigation was just finished. Ime's side leaked to try to get ahead of it to paint a narrative. Celtics were blindsided and had to react accordingly.

I saw on Instagram that Grant Williams liked the post of the video of Brad Stevens defending the women in the organization.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ and 08SeaBass08

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Confirms to me what we figured. The independent investigation was just finished. Ime's side leaked to try to get ahead of it to paint a narrative. Celtics were blindsided abd had to react accordingly.

I saw on Instagram that Grant Williams liked the post of the video if Brad Stevens defending the women in the organization.
But, you know, it would all be so much better if we just knew who it was, so we could end all this needless speculation. Wouldn't it?

Reactions: Maine Fan and CDJ

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Honestly just a horrible idea and I don’t think you have a proper grasp on the situation (no offense meant). Stuff became non-consensual. That’s the biggest issue here. And naming that person would be abhorrent
Sorry for the delay; how do you know (just curious) that stuff became nonconsensual? I sometimes lose days because of my health and I do get behind. So you could be, and probably are, correct that I don't have the proper grasp of the situation. I asked how you knew about the nonconsensual because so many people seemed to be forming opinions without facts. Maybe that is me CDJ.

I would like to know your answer. I am moving on from this subject because I feel the Celtic's handled this poorly. They took a mess and made a larger mess, IMO. Thanks CDJ.

Publicly naming a potential victim of sexual harassment is a horrible idea that would likely ensure that future female employees never come forward with harassment accusations.
Very good point, be dam if you do.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I am closing my discussion on this subject because the facts are confusing and seem non supported. Too much confusion. IMO, Celtics handled this poorly. Over and out on this subject.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
God dammit, now I gotta type the following: I agree with Jimmy Stewart that Udoka is trying to get ahead of something really bad that's coming. He's using Woj again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad