Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
As a Raps fan, this is why I like the trade. This core wasn't getting it done. Why not take a one-and done approach this year with a new star player and Lebron out ofthe conference. After that, go young. Let the 6ers and Celtics run with it for a few years until the Raps can regroup and be competitive again. I have no issue with the deal what so ever. ....I did like Poeltl thought.

Also, thank you Demar for your loyalty and love.
Agreed. I'm happy to be out from Demar's contract on top of it. The raps are taking a big gamble because of the injury concerns but it's one worth taking. We may only have him for one year but I think most hope once hes here he'll fall in love with the city much like Demar did.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
As a Raps fan, this is why I like the trade. This core wasn't getting it done. Why not take a one-and done approach this year with a new star player and Lebron out ofthe conference. After that, go young. Let the 6ers and Celtics run with it for a few years until the Raps can regroup and be competitive again. I have no issue with the deal what so ever. ....I did like Poeltl thought.

Also, thank you Demar for your loyalty and love.

Agree, I think trade favors Raptors. Poeltl was their 3rd best young player and the pick is inconsequential. They wanted to dump Derozen's contract after these last playoffs. Best case, they can challenge for finals and worst is they have space and still good pieces.

The one gripe he might have is if they told him they weren't trading him like is being reported. It's business, but bad business to not be honest with people.

Reactions: Paddington

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Agree, I think trade favors Raptors. Poeltl was their 3rd best young player and the pick is inconsequential. They wanted to dump Derozen's contract after these last playoffs. Best case, they can challenge for finals and worst is they have space and still good pieces.

The one gripe he might have is if they told him they weren't trading him like is being reported. It's business, but bad business to not be honest with people.

I think what ultimately happens is they send him to LA for Ingram and Kuzma and a 1st once their season implodes. Which it's going to because they're already a mess and now they have a first year coach and their management just betrayed their star player in their minds. I don't envision this going well and I wouldn't be shocked if Leonard is sent to LA by Dec.-Feb.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I think what ultimately happens is they send him to LA for Ingram and Kuzma and a 1st once their season implodes.

Not unless LA completely changes their mind. The reason Leonard ended up in Toronto is because the Celtics ( Brown or Tatum ), the 76ers ( Fultz or Daric ) and the Fakers ( Ingram or Kuzma ) refused to part with any of their young budding stars.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Not unless LA completely changes their mind. The reason Leonard ended up in Toronto is because the Celtics ( Brown or Tatum ), the 76ers ( Fultz or Daric ) and the Fakers ( Ingram or Kuzma ) refused to part with any of their young budding stars.

Ya, we'll see. I had heard that SA was asking just a little too much from LAL to complete a deal, but there was also the rumor that Kawhi was considering the Clippers so I'd think the Lakers would maybe want a chance at first negotiation. Either way, I expect Toronto to tank big time.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Wow, great trade for the Raps, they didn't even had to give up OG. They weren't going to get it done with that core and got out of deRozans contract. Now they have one LEGIT year and can go into full rebuild if Kawhi leaves. You cannot be a treadmill-team in NBA, doesn't work.

Don't know why SAS picked that deal, not a fan of DDR. Must be that any other team with more ammo didn't really offer all that much.

And as far as Smart is concerned, I can live that a contract right around 11 million. It's probably structured that we won't exceed the lixury tax for next season and it's not like Smart becomes unmoveable after he signs that contract, neutral value IMO.
But if I am being honest here, I wouldn't have extended him. Not because I don't rate him, but paying role-players is hardly ever a good idea. When you're a contender in the NBA, role-players/ring-chasers in that mold take paycuts to play for you.

Well, it's more ammo if a bigger deal comes along during the season. We will have so many assets: (Brown), Rozier, Morris (contract), Smart (to make the salaries work, potential 4 (!!!) 1st rounders next year...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
remember, Smart is an RFA.....HE COULD sign a 1 year tender and bolt in 2019

Can you explain to me the rationale behind the bolded and non-bolded posts?

It appears that the majority of the bolded posts are factual, news tidbits? The non-bolded posts seem to be speculative or opinion based in nature?

I didn’t want to assume.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Wow, great trade for the Raps, they didn't even had to give up OG. They weren't going to get it done with that core and got out of deRozans contract. Now they have one LEGIT year and can go into full rebuild if Kawhi leaves. You cannot be a treadmill-team in NBA, doesn't work.

Don't know why SAS picked that deal, not a fan of DDR. Must be that any other team with more ammo didn't really offer all that much.

And as far as Smart is concerned, I can live that a contract right around 11 million. It's probably structured that we won't exceed the lixury tax for next season and it's not like Smart becomes unmoveable after he signs that contract, neutral value IMO.
But if I am being honest here, I wouldn't have extended him. Not because I don't rate him, but paying role-players is hardly ever a good idea. When you're a contender in the NBA, role-players/ring-chasers in that mold take paycuts to play for you.

Well, it's more ammo if a bigger deal comes along during the season. We will have so many assets: (Brown), Rozier, Morris (contract), Smart (to make the salaries work, potential 4 (!!!) 1st rounders next year...

Potential four first rounders? Wow!

Maybe DA packages two of them plus a youngster to get first overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad