Celtics/NBA Celtics/NBA 2018-2019 Regular Season II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
C's lose to Blazers 95-80 in QF of Summer League;

Walter Lemon, Jr. signs 2 way contract after being contracted with New Orleans(was playing with Indiana owned Fort Wayne in the G-League).... Pelicans still one of 3 teams without an affiliate now with Washington starting the Go Go's this season... Portland Trail Blazers also still has no affiliation

Reactions: McGarnagle

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
btw, no more confusion as the 76ers relaunched Delaware as that franchise left U-Delaware for Wilmington, a new facility called 76ers Fieldhouse, as the 87ers have abandoned the Sevens name and will be now known as the Delaware Blue Coats

Reactions: McGarnagle

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Former Celtic draft pick ( # 31 in 2016 ) Deyonta Davis was dealt today to Sacramento. Boy does that deal with Memphis ( Davis and Zagorac to Memphis for a future 1st round pick ) look better and better. :thumbu:

from espn.com:

The Sacramento Kings have traded guard Garrett Temple to the Memphis Grizzlies for guard Ben McLemore, forward Deyonta Davis, a 2021 second-round draft pick and cash.

Temple, 32, gives the Grizzlies one more versatile, veteran wing as they reshape the roster to try to return to the Western Conference playoffs this season.

Temple averaged 8.4 points in 25 minutes per game for the Kings last season. Along with the signing of Spurs free agent Kyle Anderson, the Grizzlies are fortifying wing spots to support the return of point guard Mike Conley and center Marc Gasol.

The Grizzlies will be Temple's seventh NBA team in nine seasons.

The deal clears an additional $1 million in salary-cap space for the Kings, who now have $20.5 million.

McLemore returns to the Kings, who drafted him seventh overall in 2013. He played for Sacramento until signing a free-agent deal with Memphis in 2017.

Davis, 21, was the No. 31 overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft and struggled to gain traction in the Grizzlies' rotation.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Early morning Woj bomb

What a mistake by Toronto considering Leonard has said he will not play in Toronto past this season.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
being reported as DeRozan, Poeltl and a protected 1st...wtf are you doing Toronto

All that for an injured Kawhi that will play half the season then leave town and never look back

Reactions: Alicat

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I disagree. It doesn’t matter what Toronto did this offseason if they kept that core in place. Absolute bunch of choking losers. It shouldn’t have taken this long to blow it up. Casey out the door was the first step. I can’t believe it took that long for the rest win the draft already happening.

There’s no sense in keeping the roster they had together and just firing the coach. They need to make more moves as well, though, because they’re still not better than the Celtics, especially a Stevens coached Celtics.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I disagree. It doesn’t matter what Toronto did this offseason if they kept that core in place. Absolute bunch of choking losers. It shouldn’t have taken this long to blow it up. Casey out the door was the first step. I can’t believe it took that long for the rest win the draft already happening.

There’s no sense in keeping the roster they had together and just firing the coach. They need to make more moves as well, though, because they’re still not better than the Celtics, especially a Stevens coached Celtics.

As a Raps fan, this is why I like the trade. This core wasn't getting it done. Why not take a one-and done approach this year with a new star player and Lebron out ofthe conference. After that, go young. Let the 6ers and Celtics run with it for a few years until the Raps can regroup and be competitive again. I have no issue with the deal what so ever. ....I did like Poeltl thought.

Also, thank you Demar for your loyalty and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad