Celtics/NBA Celtics Legend Tommy Heinsohn Passes Away at 86

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
eat a dick 2020.

Not Tommy!

No more I Love Waltah, or Tommy Points, legitimately sad about this one. Mike and Tommy were the best team. Tommy bled green and him vs the refs was classic stuff

At least he's with his redhead in Needham again

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
This sucks.

Tommy was a neighbor of mine for a while when he lived in Gloucester. I lived near the bottom of a hill, and he lived near the top, where he had a stunning view of Gloucester Harbor and Stage Fort Park. He had a little artist studio that had all sorts of windows in it, and every now and then, I'd walk by and see him painting. He was a prolific artist, and if you ever went to one of his exhibits, you'd recognize all kinds of places along the North Shore.

Just a really nice guy - unless you were a referee. :)

heinsohn.jpg

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Really haven't followed basketball since Pierce was traded, but as a kid I remember watching games and hearing Tommy. Guy would get so jacked and fired up, I loved it. RIP Mr. Heinsohn

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
After Tommy retired he became the play by play announcer on the new Channel 56 and was paired with Red Auerbach doing color for very objective commentary. :biglaugh:

Thank you for the laugh.

Hope he and Red are having cigars together up there

Reactions: Fenway

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
For what it's worth... the Celtics' first title came in 1957 in a grueling seven game series against the St. Louis Hawks. The Celtics prevailed in Game 7 by a score of 125-123 in double overtime.

In his 45 minutes on the court, Tommy Heinsohn scored 37 points and added 23 rebounds.

Reactions: HustleB

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
2020 continues to wreck havoc.

My heart is heavy. Rest in Peace, Tommy. I dont know life without you in it calling Celtics basketball. I know you're up there giving out Tommy Points left and right. Rest in Peace. We will get banner 18 for you.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad