Cedric Paquette destroys Alec Martinez

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Marty was out on the ice for a really long shift. Probably and didn't think he was about to get slammed.

If he really thought that he hasn't done his homework. Paquette might be new to the league, but he never backs down. Whenever he can he finishes his hits. And after more than half a year of Paquette in this league other players should know that. But I expect more Hits of that cailber in the future of Paquette, he is so confident right now and he can check great for his smaller body.

Palffy3314

Feb 26, 2010
Las Vegas
Great hit. Unfortunately, the result is another Kings defenseman being injured. They can't seem to win this year when it comes to injuries.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
If the NHL had Shaqtin' a Fool...this would be there. Martinez needs to be aware of where he is. That is like when Brad Stuart leveled Artem Anisimov in his rookie season and Mickey Redmond quipped: See the tweety birds?

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
I'm surprised by how hard the check was given how slowly he skated into it. Great body positioning and strength showed by Paquette on that play.

DoughtyFace

May 9, 2012
Ottawa
Alec:
Do I have pressure coming? Yep
Am I a good 2.5 feet from boards? Yep
Did I just pass the puck? Yep

Guess I'll just watch the puck and see how nice of a pass I've made....

Every now and again a player needs to be reminded, I think Alec won't soon forget the price of admiring your pass in the NHL.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Beauty of a hit. Hate that Marty was hurt but that was a clean hit. Here is a note to the rest of the league. Just because your player gets crushed by a hit doesn't mean you automatically have to go all apey bananas about it and start gooning it up.

Play like the Kings. Absorb the hit and move along. It was a clean hit in a game where there were several good ones thrown by both sides.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
It's not that he was watching his pass that much, but that he actually changed the pass to a backhand. Regardless, can't put yourself in that type of postion...Or you get reminded how hard big men can hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad