Cedric Paquette destroys Alec Martinez

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looked like shoulder to shoulder.

Martinez looked flat footed, Paquette kept him arms down and feet on the ice.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was a beauty hit, no clue what Martinez was doing admiring his pass, he's usually good at absorbing or avoiding. Unfortunately he's done for the game with notquitedead

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sucks Martinez is hurt, but what the hell was he doing just standing there?

Exactly what I was wondering while watching it live. He reacted like a guy who didn't see the hit coming. All I can think of is he saw the pressure but figured paquette would turn off since Tampa bay wasn't finishing their checks and trying to stay high speed. Wrong read on the wrong guy though if so!

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Exactly what I was wondering while watching it live. He reacted like a guy who didn't see the hit coming. All I can think of is he saw the pressure but figured paquette would turn off since Tampa bay wasn't finishing their checks and trying to stay high speed. Wrong read on the wrong guy though if so!

Stupid move on his end if he was thinking that haha. I watched it 3 more times and still cant figure out what the hell he could possibly thinking. It was a nice hit with a crappy result for LA.

Probably a concussion from when he hit his head on the glass.

That sucks if that is the case, hopefully it's not.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Stupid move on his end if he was thinking that haha. I watched it 3 more times and still cant figure out what the hell he could possibly thinking. It was a nice hit with a crappy result for LA.

That sucks if that is the case, hopefully it's not.

That or a shoulder injury. Both are crappy in their own rights. Concussions you never know what you're gonna get. Shoulder tends to take a while to heal and linger.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Paquette wasn't even coming in quickly. I don't even think Paquette intended to level Martinez until the last second when he realized that Martinez was inexplicably still standing there.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
too many players rely on players letting up and not finishing checks nowadays.... Cmon Martinez, that was friggin embarrassing... get ready for players finishing their damn checks.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Beautiful, clean, HARD hit. No idea what Martinez was doing standing there like no one was around he got plastered pretty good.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Rekt.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad