Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
CqjPcgmWYAESbyY.jpg

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Ceci is a bottom pairing guy on a good day... Leafs get hosed.

EK couldn't even return a top prospect from a team but Ceci can?

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Leafs counter offer:

To OTTAWA:
(D) Ron Hainsey $3M x 1 yr, UFA
(F) Frédérik Gauthier $675K x 2 yrs, RFA
(D) Calle Rosén $925K x 1 yr, RFA

To TORONTO:
(D) Cody Ceci, $4.3M x 1 yr, RFA

Why this is an improvement:

Toronto: Leafs clear out Hainsey, whose veteran presence isn’t as required, since landing Tavares. Gives Rielly the leadership role outright on D. Ceci is a young, RFA asset to replace Hainsey, whose cap hit is manageable and likely won’t be much larger next year.

Ottawa: They get a gud pro in Hainsey who will be a big help to a beleaguered Sens defensive group. They also add a defensive C to help soften the damage of Pageau’s injury. Gauthier is BURIED in Toronto. Calle Rosen is also another young D that has potential, but will not get much opportunity as the Leafs have too few spots open to give him a shot.

Dollar-wise Ottawa is taking on an extra $300K which is negligible.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
:sens

Liljegren, Timothy ($894,166)
Timashov, Dmytro ($693,333)

:leafs

Ceci, Cody ($4,300,000)

What’s your sense of Liljegren’s value from sources that routinely rank prospects?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
so, no one will play RHD in OTT this year?

and TOR most likely decline this anyway, coming up they need cost controlled assets which both players that you're asking for are for them

Think of all the money Eugene can save if no one plays on that half of the ice. Zamboni fees cut in half!

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Sens have retained salary in the past 6 months.

Sens aren't trading Ceci for a 2nd and a 3rd, that's the aspect you should have taken issue with.
He's not worth much if at all more lmao. He's young ish and has some potential left is the biggest thing going for him. He's literally a 4 million dollar bottom pairing dman.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I wouldn't make this trade if you replaced Liljegren with Sandin even. Ceci is not worth his qualifying offer.

There are very few things on Ottawa I'd trade Liljegren for. I might put him on the table for a cup run with Duchene as a LWer for us (although I'd be reluctant to do that for a rental we can't sign), or I would consider it for Chabot (although Chabot really doesn't solve a need for us). I'd put him on the table for Brady Tkachuk. But, that's about it, I love Stone, but he doesn't really fit a need (LW or D) and I can't give that up for a rental who doesn't fit a need who we can't re-sign.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I'd only trade lillegren if zaistev goes with him, and because melnyk is a cheapass, thats unlikely to happen.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
yeah thats a no. personaly wouldnt do liljegren straight up.
Ceci looked good at first, then he looked awful

both teams keep their guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad