Value of: Ceci to Anaheim

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Nah pass. We need to see what we have in Ceci first. He's an RD defenseman. Leafs trading away a RD defenseman after clamoring for it for years would be dumb

Reactions: biotk

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
how do we make it work? best I can do is a 21 man roster, also keep in mind short term injuries can't go on LTIR, so we would need enough space to have 2 spares
They guy who WROTE the cba and knows all the loopholes works for the Leafs.

Reactions: TopCheese

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
how do we make it work? best I can do is a 21 man roster, also keep in mind short term injuries can't go on LTIR, so we would need enough space to have 2 spares

no we dont. beauty of having an AHL team in the same city. paper transactions

absolute worst case scenario they dress 11 forwards and give a plug like gauthiers 7 mins to JT/Matthews/Kerfoot

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
no we dont. beauty of having an AHL team in the same city. paper transactions

absolute worst case scenario they dress 11 forwards and give a plug like gauthiers 7 mins to JT/Matthews/Kerfoot
When hyman comes off ltir, you have to free up 2.5 mill in space. Sending down won't be an option so a trade of equal or more is necassery. This has been explained already, saying different dont make it so.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Let’s see what he can do for us.

I really think he’s a capable #4/5 guy and will prove lots of people wrong. Hope I’m right.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
What cap issues?
The Leafs will be tight up against the cap next few years. They will have to run roster adjustments all year to make it work. It can be done but it's better to give yourself some space to maneuver around, maybe add someone at deadline, etc. Perception is they might have to get rid of Hyman, AJ/Kap.

Now you obviously don't wanna get rid of those players so then you work your way to the defense. Only player you can give up would be Ceci (4.5M @1 year) and that too at the deadline.

I don't know how Ceci will transition to the Leafs, how he will play with Rielly, etc. Lots of unknowns right now, so that's why I said maybe at the deadline because his cap hit would be halved by then.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
ceci gets 2 much hate he just had 2 big a role in Ottawa he can pan out a decent to very goodcareer being the #4 guy if in the right place.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
ceci gets 2 much hate he just had 2 big a role in Ottawa he can pan out a decent to very goodcareer being the #4 guy if in the right place.

That may be true, but it doesn't change the fact that his play now is nowhere near what one would expect from a 4.5M player

Last edited:
Reactions: hockey20000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad