Post-Game Talk: CDSF Game 6: Predators at Blackhawks, 7:00 PM CT (NBC, SN, TVA2)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
A team that wins after double and triple OT losses isn't mentally weak. Blackhawks just know how to dominate at the most crucial points of the game.

Coughing up leads repeatedly in huge games is a mentally weak team. The opposition gets a goal and suddenly they're inside our guys' heads for the rest of the game and we turtle.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You can slice and dice it anyway you want, but inability to hold leads cost us the series. 3-0 lead in game 1, 2-1 lead in third period in game 4, 3-1 lead in game 6- and we lost all of them. That just cannot happen.

But I am still proud of the team's effort in this series- we at worst played the Blackhawks an even series without Shea Weber.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I don't have the words to describe this. Two and three goal leads blown. Chase the starter twice only to fail to put any pressure on the replacement. Disappointing doesn't come close to describe how I'm viewing this post season. Sadly, we played this too much like the last seven weeks of the regular season than the first 50 or so games.

A real post mortem to come later. Right now I want to break things and burn game worn jerseys dating to our first rookie camp through one from last season.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Championship teams overcome losing players
Championship teams don't give up leads consistently
Championship teams don't show up for only 2 periods a game

This team with or without Weber isn't a championship team. I kind of wonder if the entire squad just needs better conditioning, because we sure did run out of gass at the end of the season and in the playoffs guys were skating slow after the first.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
JQ plays his big guns all the time....not the Preds the first line hardly out...than play them for the last 3 min...brutal . Out coached at the end of each of the losses .
Oh well young team lots of lessons.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Coughing up leads repeatedly in huge games is a mentally weak team. The opposition gets a goal and suddenly they're inside our guys' heads for the rest of the game and we turtle.

I think that is just a slight overreaction- 2 fluky breaks in OT and we could have easily already won this series. But alot of what you are saying is just growing pains- we are a very young team going against the most experienced team in the league- you have to go through that as a team comes of age

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I hope our youngsters never forget what this feels like and come back next year motivated and determined.

I hope a couple of these youngsters get to have those feelings on another team

LOSERS.... a big fat bunch of choking wilting violets.

screw em. I hate this team.

and I want Trotz back. Laviolette isn't worth a ****

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't have the words to describe this. Two and three goal leads blown. Chase the starter twice only to fail to put any pressure on the replacement. Disappointing doesn't come close to describe how I'm viewing this post season. Sadly, we played this too much like the last seven weeks of the regular season than the first 50 or so games.

A real post mortem to come later. Right now I want to break things and burn game worn jerseys dating to our first rookie camp through one from last season.

You seriously think we played this series the way we played the last 7 weeks of the season?? Absolutely no way- completely disagree with that

NorthAlPredfan

Dec 18, 2010
Huntsville, Al
All around a good season. Hopefully Frasen and Santorelli are gone and we take some of our prospects and grow them up through the system. Although the end of the regular seaon was disappointing and it may have hurt us on our round 1 matchup, I think the Hawks would have been our best matchup and it made for a good series. The first year with Laviolette was so much better than we would have ever had with Trotz. Here's to an even better 2015-2016. Have a good Summer everyone!

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I knew we would lose this game the moment someone said we would win this game. Epic jinx. This team just doesn't have killer instincts to finish off a team when they have a chance. Good effort by the Preds and they gave Chicago a challenge (was a fun series to watch) but just wasn't good enough.

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It's also a characteristic of inexperienced teams. I won't try to defend the Preds as mentally tough, but playing against a Hawks team with that much "big game" experience, who know how to weather the storms of a playoff series, I'm not going to get too down on our guys. Take the lesson from the twice-champs, and be better for it next season.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I hope a couple of these youngsters get to have those feelings on another team

LOSERS.... a big fat bunch of choking wilting violets.

screw em. I hate this team.

and I want Trotz back. Laviolette isn't worth a ****

Isn't this the kind of thing diaries are for?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's also a characteristic of inexperienced teams. I won't try to defend the Preds as mentally tough, but playing against a Hawks team with that much "big game" experience, who know how to weather the storms of a playoff series, I'm not going to get too down on our guys. Take the lesson from the twice-champs, and be better for it next season.

Absolutely. I never said that being mentally fragile isn't something that can be improved on. It's a lesson, a learning experience, and I hope to see them learn from this next year.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
You seriously think we played this series the way we played the last 7 weeks of the season?? Absolutely no way- completely disagree with that

Feel free to be wrong. It's a free country.

Cite stats that are so close that they don't matter all you want (statistically meaningful is something you should look into). We crapped away multi goal leads three times. We didn't score a single OT goal. We failed to put pressure on a replacement goalie every time the Hawks pulled the starter.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Feel free to be wrong. It's a free country.

Cite stats that are so close that they don't matter all you want (statistically meaningful is something you should look into). We crapped away multi goal leads three times. We didn't score a single OT goal. We failed to put pressure on a replacement goalie every time the Hawks pulled the starter.

I don't care anything about stats- any neutral observer of this series would tell you the Predators played a good series.

But even if you think they didn't, fine- but there is no way anyone can say they played as bad in this series as they did in the final 7 weeks of the season- that is what you said.

If they had done that, it would have been an easy 4 game sweep by the Blackhawks...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad