Post-Game Talk: CDSF Game 3 | Predators @ Blackhawks | 2:00pm CST | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
And Smith does have a point. But your assertion that he choked or failed in any way on that play is simply ridiculous. He played it absolutely perfectly.

Yet again you pick one particular play like that was the only failure he has had this game. I supposed you thought he it was a great scoring chance he had on the wrap around credited with three shots there slapping at the goalies pads.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Yet again you pick one particular play like that was the only failure he has had this game. I supposed you thought he it was a great scoring chance he had on the wrap around credited with three shots there slapping at the goalies pads.

I didn't pick anything. You're the one that asserted he failed on that play, not me.

The wrap around wasn't the best scoring chance, but it was one of the few decent ones we had in the third. Nothing wrong with trying it.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
You beat the hawks by playing a physical game.
None of that today oh....and,rinne plugin his franking five hole.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Lost game 3 on to game 4. We all knew that we would live and die with Rinne and we died this game

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I didn't pick anything. You're the one that asserted he failed on that play, not me.

The wrap around wasn't the best scoring chance, but it was one of the few decent ones we had in the third. Nothing wrong with trying it.

Can you two do this via PM or something?

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Welp I hate to say it but we lost this game because of Pekka. Can't have that.

Saw on Twitter that his save % since Christmas has been 91%...that's 32nd of 41 goalies with 1000+ minutes in that span.

I almost hope he immediately schedules knee surgery when the season is over; otherwise, we have to face the fact that he just sucks all the sudden.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Ugh, I'm not sure I can take watching any more of this. Rage, frustration, and irritation over a stupid team playing a stupid game. Haven't really gotten THIS invested in years, and I'm starting to remember why.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
I think we are back to not knowing what to expect with this team.
We might score a bunch, or not score for several periods.

Let's hope we can get at least Fisher back for game 4.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Ugh, I'm not sure I can take watching any more of this. Rage, frustration, and irritation over a stupid team playing a stupid game. Haven't really gotten THIS invested in years, and I'm starting to remember why.

Just thought the same thing. I took a year off from sports because I was getting way too invested in a Preds, Titans, Vols and they just kept on and kept on sucking.

It's just a game.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Welp I hate to say it but we lost this game because of Pekka. Can't have that.

Saw on Twitter that his save % since Christmas has been 91%...that's 32nd of 41 goalies with 1000+ minutes in that span.

I almost hope he immediately schedules knee surgery when the season is over; otherwise, we have to face the fact that he just sucks all the sudden.

Yes and no. Pekka didn't play great, but Josi in particular played pretty poorly in front of him. He wasn't standing anyone up, just kept backing up and gave guys free reign to shoot. Yeah most of them should of been stopped, but they shouldn't of been uncontested shots by our defense either.

I found it interesting that the Hawks are intentionally shooting away from his glove side, just to keep him from being able to catch the puck and slow things down when we need it. That was a big part of our success early on, we didn't get in too much trouble because he would just reset things. That isn't happening right now.

Also the guys were horrid at clearing the puck today, I've haven't seen that many piss poor clearing attempts in a playoffs game in a long time.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Josi looked exhausted (28:32?) and quite a few of our d-men a bit guilty of trying to do too much in Weber's absence. Chicago also did a solid job of beating us on the board battles and mitigating any ability to cycle and move in the offensive zone.

That said, incredibly discouraging to feel like your only shot to win rests on a player that you have zero confidence in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad