Post-Game Talk: CDSF Game 3 | Avs @ Wild | Monday, April 21st, 5pm MT (RDS, TSN, NHLN, ALT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The D was dead. It showed in the last play. It's always a disgrace when the dirty team wins. The thing about dirty teams though is they rarely win.

That requires having competent officials. There was probably a month's worth of penalties they let them get away with tonight.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I wouldn't make any knee jerk lineup shake ups. Roy has to do a better job getting stastny's line away from the wild's checking line tho. I thought at some point he'd move Mack to ROR's line but no he did absolutely nothing to change the game.

Got to hand it to the wild they played great. Well deserved but the avs can make it irrelevant with a win in game 4. Also that Granlund is a beast/tank/animal.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Also Kemper was a big difference tonight. His play with the puck helped the Wild move the puck. If Bryz was in, I bet we win that game.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
lol

99% of blame on Avs, Hejda, Barrie injury, Roy.......

Can't just say Wild played a better game? It's a playoff series. The other team doesn't suck.

World is not ending.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Roy post game comments should be nice. I will officially lose it if we lose next game but now I'll try to remain calm lol. It just hurts since we wasted that beautiful Varly effort.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Talbot, Cliché, Mcleod, Mcginn, Parenteau all played horrible, and Oreilly was just okay.

Not one line was able to step up this game. I don't blame the first line they were completely focused on, but second and third were horrible.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I just wanna hear that Barrie is ok and will play next game, although it's unlikely

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It's OK to lose a game. We weren't expecting a sweep. Wild were playing with desperation tonight.

I'm worried our top guys will get worn down though. We don't have a fourth line that Roy trust more than 5 min a night and a 3rd line that can put up many minutes either. It wont work to roll with so few players in a long series with games going to OT. It's not exactly an issue we can work out. Just gotta pray Mitchell and Duchene is back sooner than expected.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
PP+refs cost us the game yeah, but to be fair, even better refs would've given us more PPs and we sucked at it, so I don't know if it would've helped.

That PP for the last 90seconds would've been nice though and probably decided the game in the end. Wild got huge energy boost by getting away with one there.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Wild's line matching did the Avs in. Avs should spread out the talent for game 4.

rpontbriand

Jul 1, 2003
Well, selfish on my part but at least there will now be a game 5 for my lower bowl tickets I have at the Pepsi Center this coming Saturday.

Hoping the NHL has put a muzzle on Cooke by then. Wont hold my breathe.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That's what happen when the whole team rely on a single line. Other lines haven't done **** so far in the playoffs, they need to step up. One goal from the 2nd or 3rd line tonight would have been enough to win the game.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Avs will recover with an extra day off. They were so successful in the regular season because of their two top scoring lines, and right now one of those lines has no Duchene and a hobbled Parenteau.

Losing Barrie is huge on a cheap shot by Matt Cooke. IMO they have to replace him with Stefan Elliott rather than Cory Sarich or Ryan Wilson; the latter two plays force Colorado to play more to the Wild's style of game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Cooke won't be in next game... That kills 1/3 of the checking line and 1/2 of the intent to injure. Will be a totally different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad