Post-Game Talk: CDSF Game 3 | Avs @ Wild | Monday, April 21st, 5pm MT.. Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He didn't even do that. He said something that can apply to many players and people have their hands up.:laugh: Although, I think he could've said anything short of **** Cooke and people still would be mad.

That said if Parise had come out and said **** Cooke, he'd become my favorite non-Landeskog player in the league.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If the roles were swapped and Cooke was on the Avs, they would be saying things similar to what Parise said. I bet if people looked back Talbot would say similar things about Cooke's time in Pittsburgh.

Why do you think anyone on the Avs would say players need to keep their heads up, in response to one of their teammaets getting suspended 7 games for taking another players knee out?

Painting this as defending a teammate is inaccurate. It's directing blame towards the victim instead of the guilty party. There's no reason to make comments like that when defending a teammate. It's what some of the classless individuals did in the Canucks organization about Steve Moore after Bertuzzi ended his career.

I don't see anyone on the Avs that would be dumb enough to say players need to keep their heads up, a day after a teammate got suspended.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's pretty much what EJ said. So he should be your favorite.

Yeah but EJ's on our team, so he should be saying **** Cooke. Parise should just be trying to avoid the question and keeping his mouth shut about it so if he had come out and said **** cooke that would be instant max respect.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We're those quotes from today? If so that is absolutely disgusting.

Maybe someday when Wild get rid of Cooke, he will go to another team then play against the Wild and cheap shot injure Parise. I'll be curious to hear his comments then.

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Maybe someday when Wild get rid of Cooke, he will go to another team then play against the Wild and cheap shot injure Parise. I'll be curious to hear his comments then.

Well, obviously that will never happen because Cooke is a changed man and never intends to injure anyone. Minnesota fans will be the first to tell you that.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
can someone tell me why the minny fans keep bringing this up?

miss-hit.gif

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Neither Parise nor HF Wild fans have ever given me any reason to believe they're particularly bright, so I can't say I'm too surprised. At the end of the day, the league doesn't create any real incentive for teams to avoid the dirty stuff so how can you expect it to realistically stop?

Mostly I just find it ludicrous that the league continues to employ guys like Cooke and Torres. I'm paying to watch skilled players make plays, not to watch the AHL callup show. I'm always bewildered that the NHL isn't more interested in protecting it's star players... you know, it's biggest asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad