GDT: CDSF Game 1 | Predators vs. Blackhawks | 7:30pm CT | NBCSN, SN 360, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Next day, still haven't recovered emotionally. They've really gotta limit silly penalties. They didn't even show a replay of what Cullen did at the end of the 1st, but I'm sure it was a pointless slash of sorts. Do not get into a special team battle with these guys. 5on5, the preds were the better team overall.
Cullen's penalty was pretty clear-cut interference from what I saw. Sharp was going to get to the puck first and Cullen tried to veer into his skating lane.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Only caught the OTs, but you guys got jobbed on that hold the ref declined to call. That was a pure gimme call that they ignored only because the Preds had had the previous PP. That is not officiating, that is a travesty.

That was a clear as day hold that took away a great scoring chance, and the only question is whether it should have been 2 minutes or a PS.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
The Preds were better than the hawks for most of the game but they weren't better than themselves

In other words, they just can't get out if their own way

I'd agree with that. We had countless backdoor plays that we could/should have buried. The save on Ellis was a nice one, but the Forsberg and Josi ones (I think that there was another also) were simply poor execution on our part.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I also wish Ribeiro would shoot more. He has a pretty good shot. It would open up so much more on offense if he would just shoot more. Defenses pretty much just play him for the pass. Take some shots and they'll try to block them which will open up passing lanes for you.

I would hope the coaching staff realizes this and tells him this because it's been bugging me all year.

Masta Class

Oct 30, 2014
the ville
I also wish Ribeiro would shoot more. He has a pretty good shot. It would open up so much more on offense if he would just shoot more. Defenses pretty much just play him for the pass. Take some shots and they'll try to block them which will open up passing lanes for you.

I would hope the coaching staff realizes this and tells him this because it's been bugging me all year.
Couldn't agree more.

A positive to take away from this game (which I haven't checked the box score just going off watching) is that I felt we dominated in faceoffs even after Fisher left. Would be nice for this trend to continue at least during home games where we can manage the match ups.

EDIT: Checked box score, 54-34 in our favor.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Couldn't agree more.

A positive to take away from this game (which I haven't checked the box score just going off watching) is that I felt we dominated in faceoffs even after Fisher left. Would be nice for this trend to continue at least during home games where we can manage the match ups.

EDIT: Checked box score, 54-34 in our favor.

Agreed on the faceoffs, that was encouraging. Was pleasantly surprised by this because it felt like the whole 2nd period and early in the 3rd Chicago was dominating the faceoffs but then they showed it halfway through the 3rd and the Preds were like +10 in faceoffs. I had to do a double take because it surprised me.

Just really sucks that outside of one period we completely dominate the game and still fall behind and lose home ice in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad