Lapland
CgDnrw3UkAAzWST.jpg

Kevin was at the game tonight

Whatta legend.

phil7488

We're back
Mar 3, 2011
DFW
Noticed Roussel skating away from confrontation a lot tonight. He would just agitate then walk away. I like that.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
The challenge on the Eaves goal was desperation on their team.

The real challenge for us was dealing with the couple next to us, (first time) and they were toasty in the first period, spilling beer on the couple in front of them. It almost turned into a fight in the second, but we calmed it down. What a beating, dealing with drunks...

Anyway, I did comment to another fan that Roussel must have been coached to "avoid" confrontation, just skate away. I noticed it.

Good game, let's get 3 more!

Addendum: I'm never comfortable until there is a 4 goal lead!

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Noticed Roussel skating away from confrontation a lot tonight. He would just agitate then walk away. I like that.

Noticed that as well. Especially at the end when the buzzer went.

There's no room for unnecessary penalties in the playoffs. He's playing it somewhat safe, as far as that's possible for him.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
4 on 4 situations are common in the playoffs and they are pure death for us. Good to see we are avoiding shooting ourselves in the foot.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Coach Ruff was on the radio earlier, or at least it was a clip from a conference. He was talking about the goalie choice, and how both goalies were playing well at the end of the season. He finished up by talking about the last time Kari was in the playoffs, it was a horrible game, and that this Wild win should help erase the memory. I'd surmise giving Kari a second "playoff" chance was the advantage for Kari, and pivotal for giving KL the start.

Addendum: My wording on Coach's conference, but the meaning is the same.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nice to hear that. I really hope Kari can build off of that game and put together a great run. We don't need him to be elite, but good enough.

Ermine

Sep 25, 2014
Kari is the better of the two by a mile. He played very well the last games in the regular season even though his stats were not that amazing. I blame the turtle-like play style in third periods defending a lead but that's another thing.

Kari had a rough time, when he got that thing with his lip. He seemed very nervous, not the usual smiling Kari, but he bounced back from it.

Niemi is a good goalie but Kari can be amazing. He has had hard time these past seasons all the way from that last game in the series against Anaheim. He hasn't played any horrible games this season, if I haven't forgotten anything. Now I hope that in the playoffs Kari will get to the level amazing again.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
30 thoughts this week had a quote about it from an anonymous scout. IIRC, if both are at the top of their game go with Kari, and if both are slumping go with Niemi.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah that was allways my opinion as well. Kari is one of the most talented goalies when he's on his game but when he's not he's also one of the biggest sieves.

Kiorei

Jan 22, 2014
Denton, Texas
I really hope we sweep them and the Blues/Hawks battle each other all the way to OT game 7.

Off Topic but I wish we could steal one of Dumba/Brodin somehow. lol

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Interesting how after having back surgery he's missed........ less games each following year. It's a huge outlier in a year where only 48 games were played regardless.

It's like when opposing fans call Nichushkin injury prone because he missed all last season.

Makes U Think..

I wish you would because you totally missed the point.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
30 thoughts this week had a quote about it from an anonymous scout. IIRC, if both are at the top of their game go with Kari, and if both are slumping go with Niemi.

I agree with that. Although last night the Stars could have probably played the entire game without either and still won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad