GDT: CDSF #1: Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators ★ 8:30 PM CST ★ FSSW ★

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Spezza is definitely in for next game. No way Monty scratches him first 2 games of the playoffs. Maybe if Dowling had showed more tonight.
They’re all gonna play at some point. Spezza, Ritchie, and Nichushkin.
Just hope for the best when they do.
One will be a pleasant surprise.
Two will suck.

Dowling was pretty good with the 2nd PP unit. I don't think he goes out. Fedun might sit and i think Pitlick wasn't good either .

Reactions: Bfantz

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Dowling was pretty good with the 2nd PP unit. I don't think he goes out. Fedun might sit and i think Pitlick wasn't good either .
He did look good! How the hell did I forgot about that? The 2nd PP unit looked great! Only chances Dallas had in the 1st were by that 2nd PP unit. I still think he’ll play Spezza. Teams oldest veteran. Really solid career. Yada yada yada. Blah blah blah.
Maybe I’ll be wrong.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
He did look good! How the hell did I forgot about that? The 2nd PP unit looked great! Only chances Dallas had in the 1st were by that 2nd PP unit. I still think he’ll play Spezza. Teams oldest veteran. Really solid career. Yada yada yada. Blah blah blah.
Maybe I’ll be wrong.

I really don’t get why you’re so confident Spezza will be in next game. As well as Ritchie seeing minutes this series. If Spez plays, it will be a home game where Monty has last change. Only forward that should be in danger of eating a healthy scratch next game is Pitlick, and Val is the logical replacement for him if Monty does switch up the lineup.

Spezza unfortunately is a liabilty when he’s on the ice.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I really don’t get why you’re so confident Spezza will be in next game. As well as Ritchie seeing minutes this series. If Spez plays, it will be a home game where Monty has last change. Only forward that should be in danger of eating a healthy scratch next game is Pitlick, and Val is the logical replacement for him if Monty does switch up the lineup.

Spezza unfortunately is a liabilty when he’s on the ice.
Well you know he likes Ritchie. Ritchie played in 53 games this year. He was terrible, and he played in 53 games. He’s also physical. The playoffs are physical. That’s why I think you’ll see Ritchie get a chance eventually.
You may be right about Spezza and home ice. I hope you are. Spezza playing is more about him being a veteran, and having nobody to step in that forces Monty to continually scratch the same guys.
Like I said, I expect all 3 to play at some point in the series. It might only be 1 game. It might be after a loss. It might be switching cities. I don’t know. I’m not making the decisions. I’d just be surprised if Nichushkin, Spezza, and Ritchie don’t get their chance.

Reactions: MBTendy

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well you know he likes Ritchie. Ritchie played in 53 games this year. He was terrible, and he played in 53 games. He’s also physical. The playoffs are physical. That’s why I think you’ll see Ritchie get a chance eventually.
You may be right about Spezza and home ice. I hope you are. Spezza playing is more about him being a veteran, and having nobody to step in that forces Monty to continually scratch the same guys.
Like I said, I expect all 3 to play at some point in the series. It might only be 1 game. It might be after a loss. It might be switching cities. I don’t know. I’m not making the decisions. I’d just be surprised if Nichushkin, Spezza, and Ritchie don’t get their chance.

Stars had a shitton of injuries. Second most man games lost in the league behind Anaheim . Several times the team had zero spare forwards left . I mean we called up Erik Condra for a while ffs. This is imho why Ritchie played 53 games because nobody else was available to play.

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Stars had a ****ton of injuries. Second most man games lost in the league behind Anaheim . Several times the team had zero spare forwards left . I mean we called up Erik Condra for a while ffs. This is imho why Ritchie played 53 games because nobody else was available to play.
While that is partially true, he still played in a number of games where we had another forward available. I remember Gurianov scratches for Ritchie. I don’t what the exact number is. Maybe 38? 15 games he had to play? Anyway, Ritchie will get 1 game, probably after a loss, and probably at home. He’ll throw his weight around, take 2 bad penalties, and play 5 minutes 47 seconds. Then he’ll be scratched again.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
While that is partially true, he still played in a number of games where we had another forward available. I remember Gurianov scratches for Ritchie. I don’t what the exact number is. Maybe 38? 15 games he had to play? Anyway, Ritchie will get 1 game, probably after a loss, and probably at home. He’ll throw his weight around, take 2 bad penalties, and play 5 minutes 47 seconds. Then he’ll be scratched again.

THats also the regular season. Games matter much less and its easier to play a bad player for a good one that might be struggling. I don't believe playing Brett Ritchie serves any purpose for the Stars. Thats like if the Preds start to dress Cody McLeod ( well slightly less bad but you get the picture )

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
THats also the regular season. Games matter much less and its easier to play a bad player for a good one that might be struggling. I don't believe playing Brett Ritchie serves any purpose for the Stars. Thats like if the Preds start to dress Cody McLeod ( well slightly less bad but you get the picture )
Playing Ritchie probably won’t serve any purpose. If Monty decides he wants a more physical lineup, we’ll see Ritchie. Like Satan said, Dallas really didn’t need that in tonight’s game. I’m OK with giving each player a chance to see if they can elevate their game in the playoffs. That wouldn’t be the case if we had 12 solid, reliable, contributing forwards. We obviously don’t.

Someone mentioned not changing the lineup after a win. Maybe that’s the Strategy Monty will use. Maybe we sweep Nashville and never see Nichushkin, Spezza, or Ritchie. That’s what I’m rooting for.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man, just realized on Lindell's empty net chance he had Heiskanen wide open to his right and it could've been the hat trick goal. Even more open than Lindell was and it wasn't a risky pass at all. Esa never had a clear lane to the net

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I like seeing Zuccarello celebrate after goals. When he stands in the 5 player group, it’s like a toddler standing in a forest of Redwoods. He’s tiny! Good though. Hope he stays in Dallas a while. I don’t even care about giving up the 1st Rounder.

He turned out to be the x-factor as predicted, with the game winning goal.
Zucc is quick to criticize himself, but with 2 goals and 2 assists in 2,5 games he really shouldn't.

Stars should win this series, they are better than the Preds.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Anyone else notice zucc getting chirped in the box ? It looked like he pointed to himself as if to say I’m gonna score the gwg , watch .

Reactions: MBTendy

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
so the big three don't score a goal and the stars win. i can live with that..

also.. i might need to order that roope sweater sooner than i thought..
That might actually work to make Preds fans nervous. The Stars scored three despite getting pretty crappy offensive games from Seguin and Radulov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad