GDT: CDSF #1: Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators ★ 8:30 PM CST ★ FSSW ★

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I’d scratch Janmark, Pitlick, Dowling, & Fedun next game
Go Nichushkin, Ritchie, Spezza, & Oleksiak

I know, I know, some of these guys really suck. So did the 4 I’d scratch. Atleast we’d get some physicality from the guys that aren’t going to score anyway.

Getting tired of watching Janmark. All speed and no skill.

Janmark generates some opportunities, but for the dumb penalties it's hardly worth it.. :/ I miss old Janmark.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else curious what Miro's reaction would be if he scored the Cup winning goal in game 7 3rd OT?

I can't see him freaking out and throwing his gloves and stuff I just can't :laugh:

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
Did you miss the 2nd and 3rd periods? White didn't need to out hit them- they just had to put pressure on the puck to get it back. White's game all year long hasn't been to be a physical force, they need to out compete the other teams, win the races to the puck, pressure the D to cough the puck up and have good man support

pretty simple- White can play with more speed and less aggression and win games, tonight is a testament to that. Watch the 3rd goal and JB14 outcompeted everyone for the puck, he didn't lay a huge body check like Boyle on Dickinson to take the puck.
I saw, and get what you’re saying. My point is the 4 guys I named actually hurt the team tonight. They all played under 10 minutes, except Janmark. Dowling was terrible in the face off circle, and did nothing. Janmark, Pitlick, and Fedun committed penalties, gave up goals, a generally played like shit.
There will be changes. I hate Ritchie and Spezza, but if they play under 10 minutes hopefully they can do a little better than Dowling and Pitlick. Probably equally bad.
I predict Nichushkin and Spezza for Pitlick and Dowling. Janmark stays. Fedun stays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018

he's got that luka doncic swag
giphy.gif

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
#43 for #18 is the only change I would make.

Pitlick was not good tonight and was not trusted at all in the 3rd, and the one time he saw the ice in the 3rd, the Preds scored. Val was playing some good hockey before his illness and he is pretty reliable.

With that being said, I'm not going to cry a river to see no changes for next game either.

pitlick -> nichu
dowling -> spezza
So was Dowling in to let Spezza know that he needed to bust his hump and show up?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
pitlick -> nichu
dowling -> spezza
So was Dowling in to let Spezza know that he needed to bust his hump and show up?

Spezza has been a liability for quite a while now. Now his offense is nearly gone too and he was never all that reliable in his own end and had brainfarts in his game to begin with.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If Ritchie could control his dumb penalties, he wouldn't be the worst thing. He can throw some huge hits

Would like to see Nuke get some games also.

Back in October, who would have thought we'd win game 1 of the playoffs against Nashville while benching Nuke, Spezza and Ritchie

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Ritchie could control his dumb penalties, he wouldn't be the worst thing. He can throw some huge hits

Back in October, who would have thought we'd win game 1 of the playoffs against Nashville while benching Nuke, Spezza and Ritchie

a) he can't
b) he's not a good enough skater for this series imho . Neither is Spezza.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

It's not even just about controlling it really anymore. He's got himself a bad reputation now and anything even a little bit questionable is gonna get called on him

Reactions: MBTendy and serp

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Dowling was fine. Unless we haven’t scored a goal in 3 straight games and are about to lose a series, Spezza shouldn’t sniff the ice. Even then, he probably still shouldn’t.

Nichushkin should be the 13th forward. If someone has an egregious game or gets hurt, plug him in.

Ritchie has hopefully played his last game as a Star.

Once Texas is officially out, things get muddier based on how L’Esperance seemed to be favored by Monty. Plus, we now have a more-trustworthy center than Spezza (although I don’t trust either).

Reactions: serp

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I think Spezza is definitely in for next game. No way Monty scratches him first 2 games of the playoffs. Maybe if Dowling had showed more tonight.
They’re all gonna play at some point. Spezza, Ritchie, and Nichushkin.
Just hope for the best when they do.
One will be a pleasant surprise.
Two will suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad