GDT: CDF Game 1 • 5/1/2015 • Wild @ Blackhawks • 8:30 PM Central, 5:30 AM Suomi • NCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

letnzVU.png

qvJeaBD.png

:wild ......@.......:hawks

Game 1 | Friday, May 1 | United Center | Chicago, IL

After a 4 day layoff, the Wild are back in action in Game 1 on their second round series against the Chicago Blackhawks.

6ChDCY9.jpg

[fieldset=Quotes, from Russo]Article
Article

Mike Yeo: On Vanek, “Have there been a few times where he hasn’t been on top of his game? Yeah, absolutely, and there’s a lot of players that are the same way. But what I see when he is playing his best game is … his feet are moving … he’s strong in his battles, he’s strong on the puck, the detail is there.â€

Thomas Vanek: “Offensively, I thought we could have contributed more, especially in Games 1 and 3. We hit some posts. But it’s a long playoffs and with the way our team is, we don’t rely on one or two [guys] to score. We score in bunches in lines. That’s what I told Chuckie — ‘We just need to stay positive and our turn will come.’ â€

Mike Yeo: On being the youngest NHL coach, “Don’t feel it. Some of these playoff series, I think coaching is like dog years,†Yeo said, laughing. “Age is one thing, but experience is another. I would like to keep gaining experience here in a head coaching capacity. The months of December and January [during his tenure] have taken their toll. … I just consider myself a young guy that keeps trying to learn.â€

Ryan Suter: On Bickell, “He’s had a lot of success, but they have a lot of good players, guys like [Jonathan] Toews and [Marian] Hossa, [Patrick] Kane and [Patrick] Sharp. It’s not just one guy you’re tired of playing, it’s all of them. They all come after you.â€

Devan Dubnyk: On his beard, “Are you impressed with what’s on my face right now? I don’t think anyone’s impressed with what’s on my face. I’m enjoying it. It can just keep getting greasier.â€

Ryan Suter: “These guys, they’re more of a skill, high-speed, high-tempo type team. It’s going to be a lot different in that regard. I don’t think we’re going to have to worry as much about extracurricular stuff after the whistles.â€

Marian Hossa: On the Wild, “They play pretty disciplined hockey. We want to make sure if we get an opportunity, we want to get [the power play] going. Even if we don’t score, we want to create momentum. That’s important.’’

[/fieldset]

[NHL]817386[/NHL]

Wild Leading Scorers

Zach Parise | 6 GP | 3g | 4a | 7p | 2 PIM | +3

Parise.jpg

Jason Pominville | 6 GP | 2g | 3a | 5p | 0 PIM | +2
Mikael Granlund | 6 GP | 1g | 4a | 5p | 0 PIM | +4
Nino Niederreiter | 6 GP | 3g | 1a | 4p | 8 PIM | +1
3 tied with 3

Starting Goalie

Devan Dubnyk | 4-2 | 2.32 GAA | .913 SV%

uZtA4Fv.jpg

Chicago Leading Scorers

Jonathan Toews | 6 GP | 3g | 5a | 8p | 2 PIM | +2

Pp2RJth.jpg

Duncan Keith | 6 GP | 2g | 5a | 7p | 0 PIM | +3
Patrick Kane | 6 GP | 2g | 5a | 7p | 0 PIM | +3
Patrick Sharp | 6 GP | 3g | 2a | 5p | 0 PIM | +/-0
Marian Hossa | 6 GP | 0g | 5a | 5p | 8 PIM | +/-0

Starting Goalie

Craaaaaaaaaaawfoooooooooord | 1-1 | 4.19 GAA | .850 SV%

corey_crawford.jpg

:wild

Probable Lines

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Zucker - Koivu - Stewart
Vanek - Coyle - Niederreiter
Cooke -Brodziak - Fontaine

Suter - Brodin
Spurgeon - Scandella
Leopold - Dumba

:hawks

Probable Lines

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Bickell - Richards - Kane
Sharp - Vermette - Teravainen
Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw

Keith - Roszival
Hjalmarsson - Oduya
Timmonen - Seabrook

Let's Go Wild!!!

ParisePreview42613.jpg

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
So both games tonight are on NBCSN. I remember last year the Wild were playing right after the Rangers game and they went to overtime. NBCSN didn't switch to the Wild game till that OT was completed. They better not pull that nonsense again and switch to the Wild game for those in the market.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
So both games tonight are on NBCSN. I remember last year the Wild were playing right after the Rangers game and they went to overtime. NBCSN didn't switch to the Wild game till that OT was completed. They better not pull that nonsense again and switch to the Wild game for those in the market.

I'm pretty sure that was when everyone "tweeted" them to do it. I know my friend did.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

They technically moved it to the NHL network I believe cause I remember some of my friends were complaining cause they didnt have that channel

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Feels like an eternity since the last game. Let's steal this one to break our curse in United Center. 3-2 for good guys.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
I have a really good feeling about this series. Game 1 is huge. I'm in the minority but I predict Wild in a surprisingly short series.

eternalfaith

Aug 15, 2007
Minny
Hoping for a shaky Crawford allowing the boys to take home ice advantage tonight 5-2

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
One small detail: Timonen, not Timmonen. ;)

Gonna get some sleep in before this one. I want to make sure I don't miss it. And remember:

Hef6SuW.png
IyEkIS8.png

7au7qQs.png
SDfMiMD.png

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Another game 1 victory would be huge. Pretty sure we've better on the road than Chicago is too so maybe we can take this in 4 ;)

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Tried to split up the two weak D mean by putting one with Keith and one with Seabrook eh? Kinda like the fact that there will always be a guy to attack on D on every shift.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
You mean "tomorrow"? 5am their time boyo. It should be "watch the Wild day". :S

No, yesterday and today are the BIG drinking fest in Finland. Tomorrow, which is morning here everybody are likely passed out ;) I don't think I be able to watch the game either :D :cheers:

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Two years ago, we knocked on the door. Last year we beat on the door. This year, we're going to kick the SOB in.

Ready for the evening.
CD8F9MaVEAAtOq8.jpg

mnwild16

May 29, 2014
Duluth, MN
Two years ago, we knocked on the door. Last year we beat on the door. This year, we're going to kick the SOB in.

Ready for the evening.
CD8F9MaVEAAtOq8.jpg

Good pick on the Gin, Vikre did well with that stuff. I've saved a few double black by bent paddle for a special occasion, might be the day I bust one of them out.

Prediction, wild come out flying and their speed and defense rule the game. Wild 3 - other guys 2. Parise opens the goal scoring this series.

mnwild*

Jul 22, 2011
Nairobi, Kenya
Minnesota's style clogs the middle of the ice and effectively slows down the game, and that's exactly what the Wild want. They lull teams to sleep with seemingly mundane hockey and then strike quickly off turnovers with odd-man rushes.

#nhl.com

lemaire4lyfe

lol

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hey if we bore the Hawks to sleep and get a few past Crawford while he's taking a nap, I'll call that a successful night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad