GDT: CBJ vs Chicago | 7 PM ET 11/22 | Nationwide Arena

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Give up too many high quality chances. Way too many misreads and just bad plays. PP is a disaster. Our 3 leading goal scorers are Jenner, Kuraly, Danforth. The depth is going but the top talent is not, Gaudreau seems poised to break out though.

A Tale of Two Cities - Chicago is supposed to be bad with the primary objective for the 2023/24 season is to get prospects into the lineup to get their experience clocks ticking. So far mission accomplished with 3 rookie d-men playing every game (Korchinski, Vlassic and Kaiser) and sometimes a 4th rookie d-man (Phillips) who has been in the lineup the last couple games and I think is in tonight. The only young player struggling so far (Reichel) isn't a rookie anymore but he's been moved to Bedard's line so we'll see if he does better.

On the other hand, Columbus probably wasn't projected as Cup contenders but with the veteran d-men acquired this summer and with Johnny and Laine being joined by young stud Fantilli - I got to imagine the expectations were for more than the results so far. Are the sharks circling in the water with a taste for GM?

Reactions: puckgoalnet

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
A Tale of Two Cities - Chicago is supposed to be bad with the primary objective for the 2023/24 season is to get prospects into the lineup to get their experience clocks ticking. So far mission accomplished with 3 rookie d-men playing every game (Korchinski, Vlassic and Kaiser) and sometimes a 4th rookie d-man (Phillips) who has been in the lineup the last couple games and I think is in tonight. The only young player struggling so far (Reichel) isn't a rookie anymore but he's been moved to Bedard's line so we'll see if he does better.

On the other hand, Columbus probably wasn't projected as Cup contenders but with the veteran d-men acquired this summer and with Johnny and Laine being joined by young stud Fantilli - I got to imagine the expectations were for more than the results so far. Are the sharks circling in the water with a taste for GM?
Our coach doesnt fully trust the kids which is pretty typical although guys like Fantilli arent your average teenager. Vincent is pretty focused on getting the team to buy into his system even if there is a transition where it limits the players talents. For example they play a box and 1 defensive zone so everyone is low and it doesnt really allow the forwards to break out and recieve stretch passes from the D. A quality both the defensemen Jarmo brought in excel at.

Im sure we'll get to a point where the coaching staff and the players meet in the middle and start to trust each other. Right now we see very good sections in many games followed by very bad within a 60 minute game. The turtle defense when we have the lead and extreme shortening of the bench isnt my favorite thing though.

As for Jarmo Id say a very large portion of the fanbase is ready for a new vision. I think the organization is on notice, they cant afford to be this bad again. Unlike last year its not the same "well its the Bedard draft", this year its just pure embarrasement and even the media are covering it.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Our coach doesnt fully trust the kids which is pretty typical although guys like Fantilli arent your average teenager. Vincent is pretty focused on getting the team to buy into his system even if there is a transition where it limits the players talents. For example they play a box and 1 defensive zone so everyone is low and it doesnt really allow the forwards to break out and recieve stretch passes from the D. A quality both the defensemen Jarmo brought in excel at.

Im sure we'll get to a point where the coaching staff and the players meet in the middle and start to trust each other. Right now we see very good sections in many games followed by very bad within a 60 minute game. The turtle defense when we have the lead and extreme shortening of the bench isnt my favorite thing though.

As for Jarmo Id say a very large portion of the fanbase is ready for a new vision. I think the organization is on notice, they cant afford to be this bad again. Unlike last year its not the same "well its the Bedard draft", this year its just pure embarrasement and even the media are covering it.

Thanks for the perspective.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Are the sharks circling in the water with a taste for GM?

Fans are mad. Local radio is brutally attacking ownership, the front office, and veterans. It is a matter of when not if people will be fired. Fans are getting to the point where they not only want a new front office, but a new owner if he doesn’t do anything.

Reactions: Napoli

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Nope. We would just have had more leads that we would have blown.
Not sure I understand this logic. If we had more points, we'd have less blown leads. But it's also the timing of when those points are scored. We are among the league leaders in OT losses an that is where we look most lost.

Or maybe a vet scoring a 3rd period goal once in a while turns a regulation loss into an OT game.

In any event, we look clueless and underperforming in the 3rd period and OT while people who should be contributing get stapled to the bench. We then trot out people who don't belong on the ice in those situations. Especially in OT.

If tonight's game goes to OT we'll probably be trotting out Eric Robinson or Cole Sillinger while the real dangerous players get punished to be taught a lesson.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Pssst. It is a sarcastic comment made out of frustration with this crappy team.
they definitely are that.

It's a certifiable sh*t show and I can't even blame Vincent for this. The higher up's change the organizational plan like they change their pants.

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
IMG_1368.jpeg

We out here! Hoping for a big win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad