GDT: CBJ vs Chicago | 7 PM ET 11/22 | Nationwide Arena

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I'm excited to watch a whole game of Fantilli tonight. So far I've only seen snippets and highlights.

There was a change to the Hawks lineup a couple games ago where Reichel was (finally) put on Bedard's line and another change heading into the game tonight where Korchinski will (finally) replace Seth Jones on PP#1. Just a couple things for you guys to be aware of.

Is Laine supposed to play tonight and if yes - does he play center?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'm excited to watch a whole game of Fantilli tonight. So far I've only seen snippets and highlights.

There was a change to the Hawks lineup a couple games ago where Reichel was (finally) put on Bedard's line and another change heading into the game tonight where Korchinski will (finally) replace Seth Jones on PP#1. Just a couple things for you guys to be aware of.

last line we saw yesterday was Voronkov-Fantilli-Laine

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

The roster on the training:

Gaudreau -- Jenner -- Marchenko
Voronkov -- Fantilli -- Laine
Texier -- Kuraly -- Danforth
Chinakhov -- Sillinger -- Olivier

(But Robinson was called so maybe we will see changes in bottom 6)

Werenski, Boqvist
Provorov, Jiříček
Bean, Gudbranson

Btw, I am excited to watch Bedard. :nod:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It's like y'all haven't noticed who Texier scores with.
That is our top scoring line, better change it.

Maybe they could do Texier-Fantilli-Laine again someday if we really need to change things up but there isnt really a reason currently. I guess if Robinson draws back in Texier could maybe get a short look up the lineup somewhere

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He's more effective but this team needs Tex to get Johnny or Laine going. Even Danforth could move up.
Texier plays best with players who favor vertical hockey, forchecking. Maybe move Danforth to Sillinger and Chinakhov, Olivier instead, nothing will change, the line will continue to play great.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Texier plays best with players who favor vertical hockey, forchecking. Maybe move Danforth to Sillinger and Chinakhov, Olivier instead, nothing will change, the line will continue to play great.

I wonder why they can't try Texier at center again. Defensively responsible and plays a vertical game like you said. They were willing to do it with Laine and it's not like Tex has never played center before.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
He's more effective but this team needs Tex to get Johnny or Laine going. Even Danforth could move up.
And then we'll all just bitch and moan that Danforth is any higher than the fourth line. There is no solution to any of this that won't result in pointless whining.

Reactions: EspenK

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
And then we'll all just bitch and moan that Danforth is any higher than the fourth line. There is no solution to any of this that won't result in pointless whining.
If the team could win some games it might not?

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Wonder if having E-Rob back with the big club ignites Gaudreau - they are good buddies after all, and sometimes the smallest things make big impacts.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The roster on the training:

Gaudreau -- Jenner -- Marchenko
Voronkov -- Fantilli -- Laine
Texier -- Kuraly -- Danforth
Chinakhov -- Sillinger -- Olivier

(But Robinson was called so maybe we will see changes in bottom 6)

Werenski, Boqvist
Provorov, Jiříček
Bean, Gudbranson

Btw, I am excited to watch Bedard. :nod:

That looks like a much better lineup than what the Hawks throw out there - why have the BJ's not gotten better results? Is it goaltending, team defense, both, or what?

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
That looks like a much better lineup than what the Hawks throw out there - why have the BJ's not gotten better results? Is it goaltending, team defense, both, or what?

A mixture of bad team defense, players in spots they shouldn't be (Werenski #1 PP), and complete inability to score and hold a lead.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Give up too many high quality chances. Way too many misreads and just bad plays. PP is a disaster. Our 3 leading goal scorers are Jenner, Kuraly, Danforth. The depth is going but the top talent is not, Gaudreau seems poised to break out though.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
:dunno:
If do not count Laine (after concussion) I do not understand what is happen they play as play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad