Confirmed with Link: CBJ trade Quick (50% retained) to Vegas for Hutchinson, 2025 7th round pick

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
I’m not sure what you’re saying. Gavrikov could’ve (and was) moved without retention. Quick could not be.

They save money by not retaining at all on Gavrikov. They would lose money by not retaining on Quick… because he wouldn’t be tradable without retention.
oh no i was agreeing with you – it's not a "they will/won't retain" thing, it was about saving ownership's money.

gavrikov has a smaller cap hit but makes more money than quick, so swapping them saves the jackets money. then, trading quick with retention and replacing him with an AHL goalie on a two-way deal saves more money on top of that. as does trading nyquist with retention (unmovable without it) etc.

they could have retained on gavrikov (which would've allowed the boston deal to go through) but didn't; the end result is a different series of moves that saves ownership more money.

2025 7th and some Scrub G
uh excuse you, i distinctly remember michael hutchinson having a good couple of months 6-7 years ago lol

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Columbus will end up paying Quick $303k in salary. ($13k for the day on the roster and $290k for 50% retention)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
With Hutchinson and Gilles now added, does Greaves “jet” all the way from the NHL to the ECHL?

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Definitely appropriate. He’s the only Stanley Cup winning goalie we’ve ever had. :cool:
Didn't Michael Hutchinson lead the Flyers to a Game 7 in the SC Finals vs the Hawks? Close. Or is he the former lead singer of INXS...I always get those two mixed up.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
So what’s our cap looking like for next year? Still around 17?
assuming the following all happen:
- tarasov in the NHL
- texier back ($1.525m contract would slide)
- chinakhov at $1m aav 1-2 yr deal (10.2c RFA so no offer sheet or arb)
- jiricek making the roster
- olivier getting a raise to 900k on a one-way
- foudy getting the last spot over bemstrom

you'd be looking at just under $15m of cap space with a full roster. moving roslovic + peeke + bean would free up another $9m.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The guy from INXS?

1677788876768.png

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Didn't Michael Hutchinson lead the Flyers to a Game 7 in the SC Finals vs the Hawks? Close. Or is he the former lead singer of INXS...I always get those two mixed up.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:……though you did remind me that this guy actually started 3 playoff games for the Avs (and won two)

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Damn...it was Michael Leighton...not Michael Hutchinson :(
Leighton was a Blue Jacket for a few days too!
"“I got traded to Columbus at the trade deadline. I played one NHL game that (2012-13 season). That was a tough year for me with the lockout and then I played one game in Philly and I won in San Jose, and then I got traded to Columbus and they were right on the verge of a playoff spot and (Sergei) Bobrovsky was playing phenomenal, so they rode him all the way to the last game.”
1677798027935.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad