Dreger: CBJ to Expose Domi

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
This seems all about the fact that Domi will likely miss a big chunk of the season and is a free agent at the end of the year. If the team didn’t plan to re-sign him it makes sense to expose him instead. They likely won’t get much value at the deadline trading him if they kept him.

Reactions: DJA

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
The problem with Domi is that he's not good enough to win with as a #1 or #2 and too poor defensively to be a #3.

He needs to reinvent himself as an in your face up and down middle six winger who can provide some secondary offense. That has value to almost any team in the league.

He’s just not skilled enough offensively or good enough defensively to make it as a top six centre.

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
This seems all about the fact that Domi will likely miss a big chunk of the season and is a free agent at the end of the year. If the team didn’t plan to re-sign him it makes sense to expose him instead. They likely won’t get much value at the deadline trading him if they kept him.

I dont understand how people aren't realizing this.

I'm disappointed, I really wanted to see what Domi could have done in a more open system offensively. He looked good towards the end of the year.

Shoulder injuries can be nasty and if Jarmo doesn't think he'll re-sign anyways I get it. Sucks, but I get it.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Not that good at math but "not much value" seems higher than zero value. And please don't say cap space because he can go LTIR if he's out that long...

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Not that good at math but "not much value" seems higher than zero value. And please don't say cap space because he can go LTIR if he's out that long...
The question is whether the team feels whatever value they may get from him at the deadline is worth more than what Robinson gives them now. If they only think they would get a middle/late draft pick for Domi in a trade, I can see how they’d prefer what they have over a big long shot lottery ticket.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
But i was told he’s a centre piece for an Eichel deal. LOL
By who? Certainly not any Jackets fan with any pretense to rationality. He may have been held up as "a center coming back" as a sort of tenuous excuse before we knew just how huge of a priority that really was over there (with the value being in other pieces), but that's about the limit of it.

* * *​
Buffalo has seven forwards it wants more based on contracts. Personally, I’d throw a 4th at Columbus and expose Bjork
I think the hope is that Seattle opts for someone who won't be missing much of his last season under contract, rather than trying to lose him.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If you think John Tortorella is the best coach for your team, you are the worst GM in the league.

Torts is a classic Ponzi, his way on the ice is just not effective and the players can see that clearly.
Yeah; it was so ineffective that it just led to the best, highest-scoring, highest-finishing, most consistently playoff-bound stretch in CBJ franchise history. So terrible. :eyeroll:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
If you think John Tortorella is the best coach for your team, you are the worst GM in the league.

Torts is a classic Ponzi, his way on the ice is just not effective and the players can see that clearly.

Nah he's good in small quantities but eventually wears out his welcome

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
If there was ever a time to post that spiderman meme it would be now with Tortorella and Domi being two sides of the same coin, two unhinged headcases.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
My first thought is its insane to leave him unprotected. But, if they are really losing him for about half the season and he's likely going to UFA, might as well hold on to the cost controlled young guy with upside(Robinson).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad