Confirmed with Link: CBJ signs Torts to 1-year extension through 18-19

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
If the team does big things this coming season, then I think Torts gets a better extension.

When I first heard that it was a one year contract, I thought; "Wow, the FO was playing hard ball with him"

After thinking about it for a couple days, I've changed my mind. Tortorella wanted the one year deal. He thinks he can lead this team to the at least the ECF and probably the SCF over the next two years and he will then cash in. If he went for security now, he would leave an extra 5-7 million on the table for his future.

......and that's a lot of Kibbles.

iconoclast22

Mar 25, 2015
I like it. Let's see what the Jackets do this year. Nobody should be comfortable in their positions and therefore should leave it all on the line. Sporadic playoff appearances with first round exits aren't good enough. It's time for this franchise to get it together and do something. Last seasons win streak was fun, yet ultimately amounted to nothing. It's time to do well enough to get into the post season and then really turn up the heat where it matters. If Torts can't get them there, he doesn't need a multi-year contract.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Jack Adams, 1y extension?:facepalm: Disappointed:(

3 of the last 4 winners of that award came into this season without a coaching job. Not every situation is the same but I like short term for coaches in general. I also see Torts as a foundation coach, he'll get us close but I question if hes the best option to get over the final hump. Coaching Panarin next season is going to be really fun to follow and telling of how far he truly has come as a coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad