Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 21m
Tim Erixon's one-year, two-way deal is done. #CBJ

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726224

A little confusing

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 28m
Tim Erixon signs a one-year, one-way deal with #CBJ this morning.

Im hoping that Porty is correct.

I'll take Mixer's post. Why on earth would you want him on a 2-way?

My guess is the 7th spot is his to lose and if he does its down to Springfield and probably adios via waivers although the one way may make it harder for a team to claim him.

I guess I'm not sure which to prefer but if he doesn't stick as the 7th guy I think I'll give up my hope that he fulfills his promise as a Jacket.

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
I'll take Mixer's post. Why on earth would you want him on a 2-way?

My guess is the 7th spot is his to lose and if he does its down to Springfield and probably adios via waivers although the one way may make it harder for a team to claim him.

I guess I'm not sure which to prefer but if he doesn't stick as the 7th guy I think I'll give up my hope that he fulfills his promise as a Jacket.

I agree. I was hoping we could trade him. I like the way he plays but I think that something else is going on with him. Not sure what but something doesn't sit right with me about him.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I personally am hoping it's a one way deal. This guy is ready for a significant role with the organization. Really believe he will compete hard for that 6th slot on Opening Night.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I personally am hoping it's a one way deal. This guy is ready for a significant role with the organization. Really believe he will compete hard for that 6th slot on Opening Night.

I agree. I wanted him on the team last year.

CBJorBust

Sep 27, 2006

I think so it, I mean come on it's time. If he doesn't make it, I hope they dish him for something so we don't lose the asset on the wavier wire. We still owe Montreal for stealing Beaucheim

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I agree. I was hoping we could trade him. I like the way he plays but I think that something else is going on with him. Not sure what but something doesn't sit right with me about him.

Career numbers

NHL - 51gp, 0g, 7a, 7pts, +4
AHL - 132gp, 13g, 87a, 100pts, +10

That is pretty good for a 23 year old defenseman, IMO.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
This is great news. I think Erixon is already an NHLer (still with top 4 upside), we've unfortunately buried him. This is just one more shot to work him into the lineup.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Wow. That is low.

Major paycut.

It makes sense that Erixon is paid little given he still hasn't played full time yet, but I think he could have had more. I think this is him saying, "fine pay me peanuts, just give me a chance to prove myself and we'll negotiate another deal next year."

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
He was a solid bottom pairing guy for half a season, hard for me to get too excited one way or the other with Erixon. He'll be a good 7th Dman, probably see 30+ games in that role.

I'm a much bigger fan of Savard and Prout for their defensive play.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Major paycut.

It makes sense that Erixon is paid little given he still hasn't played full time yet, but I think he could have had more. I think this is him saying, "fine pay me peanuts, just give me a chance to prove myself and we'll negotiate another deal next year."

really isn't a pay cut given 70% of his time was spent in the AHL at a fraction. Most young players drop the NHL pay rate after coming off ELC to get a one way deal. Give him a chance and is a good deal for both. He needs to come in and play well. I'm excited to see him fulfill his talent level. Would love to see the young guys push the older ones.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Wow. That is low.

When you factor in that if he doesn't make it, he'll be making 400K more than he would be on a two-way, it's not much of a paycut.

This contract pretty much guarantees that unless he totally blows, he'll be in the NHL all season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
When you factor in that if he doesn't make it, he'll be making 400K more than he would be on a two-way, it's not much of a paycut.

This contract pretty much guarantees that unless he totally blows, he'll be in the NHL all season.

Pretty much sums it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad