Confirmed with Link: CBJ Sign Oscar Dansk to ELC

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Contract could slide if he's sent back for an overage year.

I'm curious to see if the front office exerts pressure on Erie to move him to another team. If the Otters' defense was that much of a trainwreck in the playoffs to the point that Dansk looked awful, leading to him being replaced by Devin Williams (who was also awful), I have to wonder if the Otters are planning on going with Williams full-time next year even if Dansk is back.

Obviously, that wouldn't be a positive for Dansk's development.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

I'm curious to see if the front office exerts pressure on Erie to move him to another team. If the Otters' defense was that much of a trainwreck in the playoffs to the point that Dansk looked awful, leading to him being replaced by Devin Williams (who was also awful), I have to wonder if the Otters are planning on going with Williams full-time next year even if Dansk is back.

i don't think its the team that will pressure Erie to move him...CBJProspects talked about it a while back that the guys he talks to in Erie expect them to move him rather than take up an overage spot as well as a Euro spot...just they have no clue where he'll go...

I don't think he's ready for Springy and Evansville makes no real sense to help him grow so he's at the mercy of where Erie ships him

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
i don't think its the team that will pressure Erie to move him...CBJProspects talked about it a while back that the guys he talks to in Erie expect them to move him rather than take up an overage spot as well as a Euro spot...just they have no clue where he'll go...

I don't think he's ready for Springy and Evansville makes no real sense to help him grow so he's at the mercy of where Erie ships him

Do overage players have the chance to become global CHL free agents? I know that some players like Andrey Makarov have gone across leagues entirely, in his case from the QMJHL to the WHL.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Do overage players have the chance to become global CHL free agents? I know that some players like Andrey Makarov have gone across leagues entirely, in his case from the QMJHL to the WHL.

just sent a FB message to the prospect guru...his response

I believe he'd have to make it through OHL waivers first then he can sign with any CHL team let me double check

edit: update

Yes he'd have to pass thru OHL waivers then become a FA. Or at least that's how Saint John got a goalie from the W a few years back

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
interesting here

Kevin Woodley @KevinisInGoal 1m
Freshly signed CBJ goalie Oscar Dansk is so good with post play + reverse-VH that Sergei Bobrovsky asked to work with him while learning it

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

At this point, the Siberian Beer League would be better for his development than Erie.

He'll either be in Springfield/Evansville or the SHL. I don't think any team is going to use an overage spot on a new goalie who hasn't shown anything in the CHL.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I was a bit concerned the CBJ might not sign him. Not sure where the wheels fell off in Erie but he played fairly well in the regular season and the team was much better but the D was definitely a train wreck. I suspect he'll play in Evansville so Clark can continue to work with him or head overseas to get a starting job. I don't see Forsberg and Dansk splitting time in Springy...

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'm guessing we are creeping up on the contract limit? Who's really left that we don't have signed? Zaar and Reilly mainly excluding this past draft?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
interesting here

Kevin Woodley @KevinisInGoal 1m
Freshly signed CBJ goalie Oscar Dansk is so good with post play + reverse-VH that Sergei Bobrovsky asked to work with him while learning it

Thats pretty cool, Bobrovsky would probably be a good guy to learn with overall aswell.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I'm guessing we are creeping up on the contract limit? Who's really left that we don't have signed? Zaar and Reilly mainly excluding this past draft?

We're going to be cutting a substantial amount of dead weight with a bunch of non-qualifiers July 1st. It won't be an issue.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
love this gif

831122271.gif

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
We're going to be cutting a substantial amount of dead weight with a bunch of non-qualifiers July 1st. It won't be an issue.

I'm assuming so too but the lack of a contract for Zaar seems weird, he's the only one we can lose.
Either way can't help but think we potentially look very good in net for the foreseeable future. Ouellette I guess is another but seems obvious he won't be around

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

27, not including the fact that Dansk, Rychel, and Bjorkstrand can all slide.

Pending RFAs needing qualifying offers are Johansen, Tropp, Frattin, Savard, Prout, Melart, Erixon, Goloubef, Weber, Hansen, Collins, Gabriel, Tyrell, Blomqvist. Even if all are qualified, that would only be 41, 38 if those three slide.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Pending RFAs needing qualifying offers are Johansen, Tropp, Frattin, Savard, Prout, Melart, Erixon, Goloubef, Weber, Hansen, Collins, Gabriel, Tyrell, Blomqvist. Even if all are qualified, that would only be 41, 38 if those three slide.

So weird not being right at the max :laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hope he goes to the SHL and plays against pros, then comes back over next year for Springy.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of what's written here.

Erie's D was a wreck against Guelph yes but throughout the regular season and the majority of the first two rounds (especially the series against SSM) the defense was excellent this season.

Dansk played great through the first half but was an absolute mess in the second half and in the postseason. He could not stop anything. He absolutely got outplayed by Devin Williams (who is anything but awful).

He has some potential yes but I'd be concerned with him. If he gets sent back he will be traded, Williams is the better goalie and Erie will not use both an import and an overage spot on him.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Sorry but I disagree with a lot of what's written here.

Erie's D was a wreck against Guelph yes but throughout the regular season and the majority of the first two rounds (especially the series against SSM) the defense was excellent this season.

Dansk played great through the first half but was an absolute mess in the second half and in the postseason. He could not stop anything. He absolutely got outplayed by Devin Williams (who is anything but awful).

He has some potential yes but I'd be concerned with him. If he gets sent back he will be traded, Williams is the better goalie and Erie will not use both an import and an overage spot on him.

I didn't say Williams is awful, just that both Williams and Dansk were awful against Guelph. All I can rely on is what I read or people say, as far as whether both goalies melted down, the defense melted down, or everyone melted down.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I didn't say Williams is awful, just that both Williams and Dansk were awful against Guelph. All I can rely on is what I read or people say, as far as whether both goalies melted down, the defense melted down, or everyone melted down.

the defense melted down against Guelph. Not much either goalie could have done. Williams was outstanding in games 4 and 5 though.

The concern with Dansk is the meltdown at the end of the season causing him to lose his starting job to Williams. He totally lost himself. I don't know what the issue is. I hope he finds his game but as it stands now he is not ready to move on to professional hockey.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

This.

From that list, I can think of at least 6 who will likely find greener pastures. I may be wrong. Also, I think trade(s) are imminent.

Great signing for the CBJ ... you can never have too much depth in the net, and having Dansk and Forsberg both competing for spots with Springfield is an embarrassment of goaltending prospect riches, if you ask me.

The future is getting brighter every day.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wouldn't it be great if Forsberg and Dansk developed into 2 great goalies so much so that one of them or Bob would become tradeable down the road for a boatload. Don't need 3 all-star goalies but other teams would need one.

Great to have some depth at that spot in the organization.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
From that list, I can think of at least 6 who will likely find greener pastures. I may be wrong. Also, I think trade(s) are imminent.

Melart, Gabriel, Tyrell, Blomqvist, Hansen, and I'm assuming Frattin are the 6 that you're thinking of?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Melart, Gabriel, Tyrell, Blomqvist, Hansen, and I'm assuming Frattin are the 6 that you're thinking of?

I was thinking Weber instead of Tyrell. But, other than that, you are correct.

While I don't think Tyrell will ever be a key contributor for the Jackets, he's a very good guy to have in the AHL, because he can be a top line player down there, and is a lead by example type of guy. He could fill in for us if injuries mount, if necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad