Confirmed with Link: CBJ sign James Neal (W) PTO

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I'm just going to leave this here. The Seguin hot not really bad but man that marchand one...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm just going to leave this here. The Seguin hot not really bad but man that marchand one...

He touches all the bases… leaving his feet, charging, hits right the head, hitting a guy who’s already engaged, boarding, cheap shots after the play…

It will be very difficult to cheer for this guy if he makes the team. I hope he does not.

Also, note how only a couple of these result in retribution, the older ones and the playoff ones. Just noteworthy for the notion that there always must be payback.

Reactions: cslebn

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I love how everyone takes the moral higher ground calling James Neal a POS but if he was still in his prime and this team was a contender nobody would say anything.

IF he can be a 4th line player who can still throw his body around this is absolutely worth a flyer. If he’s done, so be it. Low risk high, reward move. I’m just tired of seeing this team get pushed around like a bunch of extra polite Canadians like last season.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I love how everyone takes the moral higher ground calling James Neal a POS but if he was still in his prime and this team was a contender nobody would say anything.

IF he can be a 4th line player who can still throw his body around this is absolutely worth a flyer. If he’s done, so be it. Low risk high, reward move. I’m just tired of seeing this team get pushed around like a bunch of extra polite Canadians like last season.
Neal is not tough or extra physical unless hes doing greasy shit. Gudbranson is atleast a man about it. Olivier is even a good option to throw in the lineup from time to time when the games are expected to be revved up a bit. I also anticipate a guy like Sillinger to realize hes a big kid and stand up for himself more

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Neal is not tough or extra physical unless hes doing greasy shit. Gudbranson is atleast a man about it. Olivier is even a good option to throw in the lineup from time to time when the games are expected to be revved up a bit. I also anticipate a guy like Sillinger to realize hes a big kid and stand up for himself more
Probably all true but it doesn’t hurt to try options and see what works out best.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Speaking for myself, not true at all but whatever. People telling other people what they mean is way less annoying than moral high grounders I guess.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Speaking for myself, not true at all but whatever. People telling other people what they mean is way less annoying than moral high grounders I guess.
I bet plenty of disgusted Browns fans will be quiet if Deshaun Watson starts throwing a lot of TDs. I don't think James Neal is guilty of anything remotely as bad as what Watson has done.

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I bet plenty of disgusted Browns fans will be quiet if Deshaun Watson starts throwing a lot of TDs. I don't think James Neal is guilty of anything remotely as bad as what Watson has done.
I’m not sure what this has to do with my post, in which I contend that my opinion of Neal’s POS-ness has nothing to do with whether he’s in his prime of scoring goals for my team, despite you trying to say otherwise.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
If guys like Pat Maroon can still be usefull, why not give Neal a shot?

IMHO he has always know hiw to put the puck in the net, and that was not due to his footspeed.

This team hs a ton of wingers but most of them are pretty soft, I like it the gamble on Neal.

NotTooWideArena

May 20, 2021
An interesting angle from Portzline's piece in The Athletic today - the NHL has a rule compelling teams to dress a certain number of veteran players for pre-season games. (This makes sense - if you're going to charge NHL prices you should provide NHL quality.)

The implication is that having Neal (and possibly another vet to get a PTO) will allow the team to manage the workload for some veterans in the preseason.

This is the kind of insight I love to find in the media. Just sayin'....

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
An interesting angle from Portzline's piece in The Athletic today - the NHL has a rule compelling teams to dress a certain number of veteran players for pre-season games. (This makes sense - if you're going to charge NHL prices you should provide NHL quality.)

The implication is that having Neal (and possibly another vet to get a PTO) will allow the team to manage the workload for some veterans in the preseason.

This is the kind of insight I love to find in the media. Just sayin'....

Or you can find that insight from message boards, like in this very thread.

It's a PTO...adds a vet to the quota for preseason games

Looks like Fro scooped Porty.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020

Yeah I thought the same thing - the ones that are the dirtiest are those cheap elbows and knees but at the end he's just pushing Seguin out of the paint. He definitely seems dirty though with those "accidental" knees to people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad