Speculation: CBJ seems to be no where near this trade deadline.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Well where should they be? They are not cup contenders. No UFAs. Not a ton of expendable assets to move for rentals.

I mean I guess the classic phrase of "well no shit!" works well here.

Reactions: Viqsi

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
No surprise. The few pieces they could sell, they aren't interested in moving.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Maybe I am wrong, but Jackets seem like they are in the boat where most of what they might move arguably has more value in the summer or might cost less to move in the summer.

So might as well wait till their leadership is in place before doing much?

Reactions: Viqsi

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think people are just surprised they've done nothing. They've still got 4 x RHDs and they've got two good RHD prospects unable to get game time. It would have made sense to trade at least one of those RHD players as the market is healthy for that position.
Agreed. You'd think a team would be interested in a top 4 RD.

Someone should be able to make a trade and get some value

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Same as the CBJ board why do people expect a team at this stage of a rebuild to have a bunch to trade off? Theyve been there and done the major selling already. Roslovic is the most likely move and Provorov is a posibility but they may hold off for now.

Where is all the big sell off deals for all the other bottom teams?
This stage of a rebuild? The 25 year stage?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Looks like they found their way to the party.

So 4 trades made at or before the deadline, seems like plenty to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Looks like they found their way to the party.

So 4 trades made at or before the deadline, seems like plenty to me
My Dude, they did well. A little nudge by yours truly, a cup of coffee, and a winning spirit brought them into the fray,

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Agreed. You'd think a team would be interested in a top 4 RD.

Someone should be able to make a trade and get some value
I don't know if any of their RD are truly top 4 at all, especially on a contender.

Obviously Jiricek will be, and is untouchable.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I don't know if any of their RD are truly top 4 at all, especially on a contender.

Obviously Jiricek will be, and is untouchable.

So 2nd pairing RD are tough to come by in the NHL.

Also I say this a lot that the NHL lacks top 4 D right now. You may be right top tier teams like Vegas or Colorado may not need them. A lot of other teams though do have that missing slot.

I don't think columbus would get a Hull for them but they could get cap space and room for top tier prospects.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
So 2nd pairing RD are tough to come by in the NHL.

Also I say this a lot that the NHL lacks top 4 D right now. You may be right top tier teams like Vegas or Colorado may not need them. A lot of other teams though do have that missing slot.

I don't think columbus would get a Hull for them but they could get cap space and room for top tier prospects.
They have cap space and shouldnt be making room for prospects until those prospects force them to. jiricek will be that guy but not yet

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Thought CBJ did well today. Figured Boqvist would move too but maybe he's done enough now. Needed to sell Roslovic and thought they were going to be stuck with Peake. Overall a pretty good day IMO.

This off season they can stand to be a bit more aggressive and don't really need to assemble a lot more prospect depth. Next year is go time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad