Speculation: CBJ seems to be no where near this trade deadline.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I understand they are a team with few expiring contracts, but there is room for improvement.

A couple if 2UFAs could be attractive this deadline.

Do you expect any movement today?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Same as the CBJ board why do people expect a team at this stage of a rebuild to have a bunch to trade off? Theyve been there and done the major selling already. Roslovic is the most likely move and Provorov is a posibility but they may hold off for now.

Where is all the big sell off deals for all the other bottom teams?

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Same as the CBJ board why do people expect a team at this stage of a rebuild to have a bunch to trade off? Theyve been there and done the major selling already. Roslovic is the most likely move and Provorov is a posibility but they may hold off for now.

Where is all the big sell off deals for all the other bottom teams?
I think people are just surprised they've done nothing. They've still got 4 x RHDs and they've got two good RHD prospects unable to get game time. It would have made sense to trade at least one of those RHD players as the market is healthy for that position.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think people are just surprised they've done nothing. They've still got 4 x RHDs and they've got two good RHD prospects unable to get game time. It would have made sense to trade at least one of those RHD players as the market is healthy for that position.
Peeke probably gets bought out leaving 3. They still have time to decide what to do with Boqvist, hes actually been pretty good. He plays well with Werenski and also played decently well with Severson for a little bit too. If they dont want to make a Provorov trade yet Bean could be a possibility but they dont need to rush into any of this. Could just as easily try to keep up with their better play for the rest of the season and let a GM make some offseason moves, maybe even pre deadline

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The assumption is they've been trying all season to move Andrew Peeke with no takers and that they like the other RHD. It's also arguable whether their RHD prospects should be getting some game time or continuing to develop.

Those are questions that I assume the club wants a new GM to participate in answering. That and questions about veteran players, leadership, roster composition etc. There are actually very few players on the roster who don't have questions to be answered about if/how they fit moving forward and that's going to be the new GM's first task.

614 CBJ

Jul 12, 2022
Raleigh, NC
May be unpopular, but I'd put The Jackets first round pick on the market, #1 overall protected.

trade would have to start with Elvis being moved also, and no retention

return maybe a goalie prospect and 3rd round pick

Getting rid of Elvis would be the best thing Columbus could do right now

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
No major expiring contracts. They want to keep the kids relatively insulated at the moment. No major impetus for trades to be honest.

I'd prefer they just stand pat more or less and let the team grow together. It seems like they've made major moves every year up until this year. At some point, a modicum of roster consistency would be nice.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
May be unpopular, but I'd put The Jackets first round pick on the market, #1 overall protected.

That would be horrendous asset management. CBJ is currently in position to draft top 4. You're suggesting they trade a pick between 2-6 overall to dump a <$6M caphit goalie when they aren't trying to be competitive? That goalie prospect better be Patrick Roy at 17 years old.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I apologize

I was wrong about the Blue Jackets...if...Subban is considered a starting goalie.

;)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I'd consder some trade-down scenarios (one Armchair GM on CapFriendly had us getting Macro Rossi as part of a trade down, for example), but sacrificing it to dump Elvis is absurd.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

That would be a truly horrendous idea

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm assuming you're talking about Jiricek and Blanks? Jiricek isn't fully NHL ready and Blanks can't stay healthy.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm assuming you're talking about Jiricek and Blanks? Jiricek isn't fully NHL ready and Blanks can't stay healthy.
They will let the next GM make those moves. Only Roslovic needs to be moved to get something with his UFA status. Pretty much everything else can be done in the off-season. No reason to retain on a contract now, before a new GM is hired.

Reactions: CBJx614 and Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4