Speculation: CBJ Quietly Shopping for Top 6 Forward

leafobserver

Feb 23, 2007
Why in the word we would look at more of the same? You did a nice job of spinning the conversation into the player you want to dump.

Personally I don't want to get into idle speculation of value of a player that there is not even a rumor about, however, I'm sure you find those more than willing to engage.

But I will say if there was a player that I was looking for, that is not it.

Imagine trying to start a discussion on a discussion board.

I didn't 'spin' conversation, I attempted supply evidence as to why I believed he'd make sense for CBJ. The fact is he is clearly top-6 on your team at the moment, and he's been pushed out of a position with the Leafs. IF there is a rumour about adding a top-6 player, I would bet he'd be in the discussion. As a pending UFA he wouldn't cost CBJ much, and they'd be able to walk away if they wanted.

Stick with Brassard, Umberger and Dorsett in your top-6...that's working out well, certainly getting your money's worth there. :shakehead

bizzz*

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Would I be surprised if #Flyers LW Jody Shelley made it back to the #CBJ before this season ends? No, I would not be surprised at all.

Heres the top 6 forward :sarcasm:

I remember he scored 2 goals once and the Jackets won that game 2:1.

BTW I don't want any part of Kane on this team. I would rather see Joe Pavelski as a Jackets captain if you know what I mean. They both played for my hometown team in the KHL and Kane was a disaster in the locker room while Pavs has gained some respect and left some good memories for his late performance.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

Would I be surprised if #Flyers LW Jody Shelley made it back to the #CBJ before this season ends? No, I would not be surprised at all.

Heres the top 6 forward :sarcasm:

I can only assume he means Jody may retire midseason.

* * *​
Nathan Gerbe to CBJ for a middle rd pick, you heard it here first

Me and a friend were tossing the idea around and it makes a ton of sense

Because, y'know, the thing we need most is yet another undersized winger, particularly a left winger.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA

I didn't 'spin' conversation, I attempted supply evidence as to why I believed he'd make sense for CBJ. The fact is he is clearly top-6 on your team at the moment, and he's been pushed out of a position with the Leafs. IF there is a rumour about adding a top-6 player, I would bet he'd be in the discussion. As a pending UFA he wouldn't cost CBJ much, and they'd be able to walk away if they wanted.

Stick with Brassard, Umberger and Dorsett in your top-6...that's working out well, certainly getting your money's worth there. :shakehead

BS. We have a team made up of Clarke MacArthurs. We don't need another.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

You steered (even framed) the conversation away from other options to promote your view. Call it whatever you want. I told you that I would not discuss the details of your proposal because there is nothing to discuss.

Since I have no control over our top six or roster as a whole, your last comment is fairly silly. No matter what discussion I engage with you it will have no impact with who ends up on the roster, so saying I have no interest in your proposal does not impact the CBJ in any way, shape, or form. Thus it does not doom us. That reality should be obvious, but your words suggest that you think this conversation has some impact with the on ice product. Strange.

Now if it was rumored by a legitimate source that CMA was rumored to Columbus, I would engage. What I would tell you is that CMA is more of the same, which is what I said before. We are loaded with 20 goal scorers, not many play makers and even less 30 goal scorers. I don't see how CMA fits in any better than what we currently have.

What I am asking is that you come back when there is a legitimate rumor. Now that is me, others around here might to play with you. But all I really see is thinly veiled flaming in our futures.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
I think the first, and foremost trait that would be sought out, strictly to keep things in the room in the same mold would be a guy that is a hard worker each and every shift. As much as I'm sure we all would like to see more goals, keeping this train from derailing again, culturally, as we build, is a necessity.

Top six is a loose term around here anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad