CBJ Prospect Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'll ask this question now, not implying anything but do you guys think Rychel could pull a Jenner next year? They both took pretty big steps each year. Or is Jenner just a rare breed of player?

I think he could, because like Jenner, he plays the type of game that translates well to the NHL.

bizzz*

2 prospects in 1 night have scored more goals than the whole Slovan team for the year. Relevant.

They heard you and dumped Dano to the 4th line, limited his ice-time to 8 minutes, scored 8 goals and won 2 games in a row. They played against the 2 worst KHL team though.

bizzz*

Could Dano leave and play in the AHL if he wanted? Just curious

He's got contract with Slovan so he can't just leave without their permission. They could work something out and just let Dano go, but I don't think he'd give up his chance to play at the Olympics.

thebus2288*

I saw the 1st game they won he was back down to 8 min. The handful of games before that he was getting better ice time. I'd like to know more about the situation over there. As a team they've had issues scoring all year, and ice time seems to fluctuate with most of the guys almost game to game. Who knows. I look forward to watching him in the WJC. Looking at his ice time compared to others I'd say there's probably no chance he makes the Olympic team.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 4m
Dillon Heatherington had an assist(3) in a 5-3 Broncos win #CBJ

Nick Moutrey had a goal(2) and an assist(3) and was named 3rd star in a 4-3 Spirit win #CBJ

Josh Anderson had an assist in a 4-2 Knights win #CBJ

Joonas Korpisalo made 22 saves in a 1-0 Kiekko-Vantaa overtime win #CBJ http://twitpic.com/dfvuyw

Oliver Bjorkstrand had 2 goals(7,8,) including the game winner in a 6-4 Winterhawks win #CBJ

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Dillon Heatherington had an assist(3) in a 5-3 Broncos win #CBJ

Nick Moutrey had a goal(2) and an assist(3) and was named 3rd star in a 4-3 Spirit win #CBJ

Josh Anderson had an assist in a 4-2 Knights win #CBJ

Joonas Korpisalo made 22 saves in a 1-0 Kiekko-Vantaa overtime win #CBJ http://twitpic.com/dfvuyw

Oliver Bjorkstrand had 2 goals(7,8,) including the game winner in a 6-4 Winterhawks win #CBJ

Nice to see prospect working their way up rather than thrown in the deep end.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Marko Dano ‏@Marko_Dano 15s
The most difficult #trip in #KHL is over. We reached our goal to bring home 6pts.Now is behind us long flight.See ya pic.twitter.com/srx6k6LxAE

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Oliver Bjorkstrand added 2 more goals to his tally in yesterdays 6-4 Portland win over Spokane.

http://www.winterhawks.com/video/index/id/d4b25b494a3e8279ede53835a4c594da

Oliver now has 14pts - 8g 6a for 5 games.

What's going on with the scoring in the WHL? The leading scorer has 17 points in 5 games. There are over 50 players averaging at least a point a game. It's become a higher scoring league than the Q.

Is it lack of goaltending? Lack of depth at defense? Too many good teams blowing out the bad teams?

Not to take anything away from Oliver, but many of his points have come in games that are 9-2, 10-4, 6-4 wins.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
What's going on with the scoring in the WHL? The leading scorer has 17 points in 5 games. There are over 50 players averaging at least a point a game. It's become a higher scoring league than the Q.

Is it lack of goaltending? Lack of depth at defense? Too many good teams blowing out the bad teams?

Not to take anything away from Oliver, but many of his points have come in games that are 9-2, 10-4, 6-4 wins.

Good question. But to your last point, that is the only way in which you are going to score 17 points in 5 games. Those are the scores I would expect.

I expected an uptick in his production, but this is impressive. Might simply be a product of playing with Petan who had 120 points last season. Portland did have 3 players with 110+ points last season, so I'm not sure this is really a true surprise.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

He is still the leading scorer on his team and that is all I care about. The number of goals his team is scoring would only be a factor, IMO, if he wasn't one of the guys scoring goals.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 43m
Markus Søberg scored his 7th goal of the season in a 5-3 Frölunda J20 team win. The 7 goals are tied for the league lead #CBJ #J20Windians

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 45m
Kerby Rychel had an assist(3) in a 5-1 Spitfires win #CBJ

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Small sample size, me thinks.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

There is a huge disparity between the top two teams in the US division (Portland, Spokane) and the teams that they have played (Tri City, Seattle, Everett, Prince George, Victoria). Prince George may take the cake for worst team in junior hockey this year; mainly due to having virtually no mobility and unproven goaltending, as has been evidenced early on. The rest of the US Division (Tri, Seattle, Everett) is pretty young ... Everett likely being the best of the three, and they will be hard pressed to reach 80 points in the standings this year - mainly due to Kevin Constantwine. Portland and Spokane are both good bets to reach the 100+ point plateau.

Mitch Holmberg is at such a torrid pace for a couple of reasons: Mainly, nobody has challenged him physically yet. He and fellow overager Mike Aviani have had great chemistry for three years now, but have flown under the radar a little bit. These guys are incredibly talented; Aviani has great hands and can feed Holmberg the puck ... and Holmberg may be the most dangerous sniper in the league. Couple all of that with the matchups they have had to start the year, and it's easy to see why they're dominating.

As for Bjorkstrand, playing alongside guys like Nic Petan never hurts ... Petan is the reigning WHL scoring champion.

The pace won't keep up ... the leading scorer will, once again, probably be right in the 110 point range.

bizzz*

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 43m
Markus Søberg scored his 7th goal of the season in a 5-3 Frölunda J20 team win. The 7 goals are tied for the league lead #CBJ #J20Windians
He scored another goal in 4:8 Frolunda loss and now leads the J20 SuperElit in goals alone. He's also tied for 3rd in points with 12.
Wondering why he has twice as many goals as assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad