after draft

1. Cam atkinson, rw
2. David savard, d
3. Boone jenner, c
4. Tomas kubalik, rw/lw
5. Matt calvert, lw
6. Ryan murray, d

roflmao

Pretty sure Brassard is the only person on the planet that thinks Murray is our 6th rated prospect.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We get it. We know you don't like the Murray pick. While you are entitled to your opinion, if you honestly think that Matt Calvert, Kubalik, and Boone Jenner - all of whom project as second/third line players at their absolute peak - are better than Ryan Murray, then I have to seriously question whether or not you even watch hockey. If you're just out to be a troll about the new pickup, that's cool also; but you're really insulting your own intelligence with some of the things you're saying.

Give the kid a chance. When/if this team starts winning with him on the top pair, I'm going to watch your every word and remind you of times like this :nod:
I will most certainly give the kid a chance, but that 'chance' doesn't come until October or next year when he DOES play on NHL ice for this team. I am entitled to my opinion, like you said I am, until I see him and can change my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

roflmao

Pretty sure Brassard is the only person on the planet that thinks Murray is our 6th rated prospect.

I was being nice ;)

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
1. Murray
2. Savard/Atkinson
3.Savard/Atkinson
4. Dansk
5. Jenner
6. Tynan
7. Chaput
8. Calvert
9. Kubalik
10. Korpisalo

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
1. Murray
2. Johansen
3.Atkinson
4. Savard
5. Dansk
6. Jenner
7. Calvert
8. Kubalik
9. Korpisalo
10. Sedlak

Almost put moore on here too. At the risk of being preachy lets remember that just because a kid breaks the NHL roster doesn't mean that they are no longer a developing prospect.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
1. Murray
2. Johansen
3. Atkinson
4. Savard
5. Moore
6. Jenner
7. Dansk
8. Chaput
9. Calvert
10. Tynan

If Johansen is in the NHL along with just one of Moore/Savard

1. Murray
2. Atkinson
3. Savard/Moore
4. Jenner
5. Dansk
6. Chaput
7. Calvert
8. Tynan
9. Korpisalo
10. Kubalik

bizzz*

1. Murray
2. Johansen
3.Atkinson
4. Savard
5. Dansk
6. Jenner
7. Calvert
8. Kubalik
9. Korpisalo
10. Sedlak

Almost put moore on here too. At the risk of being preachy lets remember that just because a kid breaks the NHL roster doesn't mean that they are no longer a developing prospect.
As anyone here I have my own favorite prospect and I honestly believe this list is missing some Chaput. He just won Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy. The previous winners are: Huberdau, Taylor Hall (twice), Dustin Tokarski (goalie prospect from Tampa), Lucic, Radulov and Perry. The kid every year takes a next step in his development and plays at his best in the playoffs, when the pressure is higher. To compare: Sedlak really slowed down this year in the QMJHL playoffs and had just 8 points in 18 games.
I'd put Chaput between Jenner and Calvert.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Quick heads-up...

The CHL Import Draft takes place this Wednesday, starting at 9 AM. The expansion Sherbrooke Phoenix have the first pick; this year features the QMJHL/WHL/OHL rotation, so the second pick is Prince Albert (who finished 22 points ahead of third pick Erie).

Howson said he expects Oscar Dansk to go in the first three picks of the Import Draft. On a strictly personal level, I wouldn't mind him in Erie...it's not a bad drive to get up that way, and it would also mean games in Plymouth (where I have family in the immediate area).

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The first three picks? Damn, guess that bodes well for us! I think I would rather have him on a better team than one of the worst teams in all of the CHL. Wouldn't like to see him lose some swagger/confidence if his team can't help him win. :)

President Madagascar

Oct 31, 2005
Moncton acquired the first pick, and they'll take Valeri Nichushkin. London traded for the 9th pick and Dansk will likely go there. But things can change of course.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
The first three picks? Damn, guess that bodes well for us! I think I would rather have him on a better team than one of the worst teams in all of the CHL. Wouldn't like to see him lose some swagger/confidence if his team can't help him win. :)

I think Erie stands a decent chance at improving dramatically this year. They were extremely inexperienced last year, and lost several players at key positions.

Adam Pelech was just picked up over the weekend by the Islanders; he's a shutdown defenseman. They added McDavid in the bantam draft, and Robbie Ftorek is still the coach.

The goalies aren't exactly inspiring. I can see Dansk going to Erie and being the starter from the beginning. If nothing else, it would give a better handle on what he can do rather than playing behind a stacked Knights' team.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
If the rumor is true (Chris Botta on Twitter - former Isles PR man) that the Isles were willing to trade their entire draft to the CBJ for the #2 pick (Murray). Yes, you read that correctly, their entire draft. I would surmise....

1) Murray

Everyone else... :D AINEC

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
1. Murray
2. Atkinson
3. Dansk
4. Savard
5. Kubalik
6. Chaput
7. Jenner
8. Calvert
8. Sedlak
9. Korpisalo
10. Tynan

I'm giving Kubalik the benefit of the doubt after the injury plagued season that he can turn things around.

Also, with the CHL import draft, if Dansk doesn't go in the first 3 picks, it don't reflect how teams view him as a player. Most imports agree beforehand which team they will report to and various contract items. So, he could say he'll only report to London.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
been thinking about this quite a bit since Saturday...I think if you take JFW's list and switch Calvert and Tynan my list would look very similar

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
1. Murray
2. Atkinson
3. Dansk
4. Savard
5. Kubalik
6. Chaput
7. Jenner
8. Calvert
8. Sedlak
9. Korpisalo
10. Tynan

I'm giving Kubalik the benefit of the doubt after the injury plagued season that he can turn things around.

Also, with the CHL import draft, if Dansk doesn't go in the first 3 picks, it don't reflect how teams view him as a player. Most imports agree beforehand which team they will report to and various contract items. So, he could say he'll only report to London.

Yeah, the import draft is more of a formality ... a few years back the Chiefs finished at the bottom of the league and took Swede Johannes Salmonsson; who immediately blasted them because he had already booked his trip to Vancouver to play for Don Hay.

Really, it's the same way with the bantam draft, as players are able to pretty much dictate where they end up, as in the 2004 draft that saw Colton Gillies go second overall to the Saskatoon Blades, as he told the Prince George Cougars that he would not report to their team.

The Import Draft is always a crapshoot for CHL teams ... really, they're relying on some blind reports of these kids at times, and the hope is that they will come over and gel with the team right away.

JMFJcbj

Jun 3, 2012
Columbus
Is anybody else surprised Brent Regner was not offered another contract? The dispatch posted he was not qualified today.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is anybody else surprised Brent Regner was not offered another contract? The dispatch posted he was not qualified today.

Na, with all our young defenseman coming up I didn't think he'd get a QO.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

I was. I've always thought his offensive numbers were impressive. We don't have a lack of that skill set like we used to, but I'm still suprised we aren't reupping him.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I wasn't, seems like his numbers have somewhat stagnated in the AHL and didn't carry over from juniors as well as someone like Savard's did.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Depth shuffle. A tad disappointed (I thought he was going to do better), but not surprised. I'd rather have a teaching vet type in that slot.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Not surprised... seeing guys like Madaisky get signed, who are also right-hand shots, means guys like Regner, who aren't developing very quickly, get sent packing.

Jackets have a glut of defensemen in the system right now, someone has to be the odd man out. Best of luck to Brent Regner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad