CBJ Prospect Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
You can go up to post #14 and see the list of THN #1 prospects going back to 1994, if you so desire.;)

Simply put, there's no way to tell how a prospect is going to turn out in the NHL the year that he's drafted, or the year after, or (in most cases) the year after. I used to save my THN Future Watches for later reference, and it was incredible how off the mark it used to be. And this wasn't their columnists writing it, it was based on interviews and submissions from scouts.

Good post, not only are top prospects unpredictable entities the organizations from which they are delivered are impacting as well...

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
You can go up to post #14 and see the list of THN #1 prospects going back to 1994, if you so desire.;)

Simply put, there's no way to tell how a prospect is going to turn out in the NHL the year that he's drafted, or the year after, or (in most cases) the year after. I used to save my THN Future Watches for later reference, and it was incredible how off the mark it used to be. And this wasn't their columnists writing it, it was based on interviews and submissions from scouts.

I agree with everything that you say here. That was not my point. I was merely pointing out that currently it isn't just HF future watch that considers our crop of prospects to be at or near the bottom of the NHL. Certainly that could all change over night with some major improvements from some of our prospects, and a good class of 2012.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I'm surprised that this hasn't been a topic of discussion up until now...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...ure-organizational-rankings-spring-2012-21-30

I know that HF isn't the final say on team's prospect pools, but being ranked 29th out of 30 teams when you draft as high as they do year in and year out is embarrassing to say the least.

We have the worst NHL team and now the 2nd worst prospect pool? Way to go, Howson.

would be curious to hear how you guys see the top 10 jackets' prospects. seems like several people who have done lists have lists that are a bit conflicting. i'd say atkinson would have to be the top guy, although he's not even calder-eligible next year.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'll take a go at ranking them, although to be honest, there are a couple I've never seen play, so I'm relying on reports.

1. Atkinson
2. Savard
3. Chaput
4. Prout
5. Jenner
6. York
7. Calvert
8. Weber
9. Kubalik
10. Tynan

Many will disagree with my ranking of Kubalik, but I just don't see it like I do when I watch a guy like Jenner, Chaput or Atkinson. Calvert gets where he is because of past success, this is an important year for him. I have York higher than most probably. I think the kid looks good, competes for pucks, good natural ability. Honestly, I think he's the best goaltender in the org as of today. Yep... :help:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1. Cam Atkinson, RW
2. David Savard, D
3. Boone Jenner, C
4. Tomas Kubalik, RW/LW
5. Matt Calvert, LW
6. T.J Tynan, RW
7. Cody Goloubef, D
8. Will Weber, D
9. Michael Chaput, C
10. Austin Madaisky, D

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Went for 16 because something weird happened to my list as I was typing it up.

1. Tynan
2. Savard
3. Tynan
4. Tynan
5. Atkinson
6. Tynan*
7. Jenner
8. Chaput
9. Tynan
10. Calvert
11. Goloubef
12. Prout
13. Tynan
14. Weber
15. Kubalik
16. Tynan

HM to Madaisky and York.

*: The actual position. I'm just slightly obsessed. ;)

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Went for 16 because something weird happened to my list as I was typing it up.

1. Tynan
2. Savard
3. Tynan
4. Tynan
5. Atkinson
6. Tynan*
7. Jenner
8. Chaput
9. Tynan
10. Calvert
11. Goloubef
12. Prout
13. Tynan
14. Weber
15. Kubalik
16. Tynan

HM to Madaisky and York.

*: The actual position. I'm just slightly obsessed. ;)

I think you have Tynan a little low on the list.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
With the draft having taken place now...

1. Murray
2. Atkinson
3. Savard
4. Dansk
5. Jenner
6. Goloubef
7. Chaput
8. Calvert
9. Tynan
10. Kubalik

HM to Korpisalo. He could turn out to be our best piece from this draft, just needs time to prove it.

Also think we have a very solid top 5 now. There's potential for a #1 D, starting goalie, 30 goal scorer, second pairing defenseman, and a 2nd/3rd line captain material center.

Last edited:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
When the guy who just dominated the Memorial Cup is listed by two people whose opinion I respect on the matter as the 7th-best prospect in the system, that's a big positive in itself.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
After Draft

1. Cam Atkinson, RW
2. David Savard, D
3. Boone Jenner, C
4. Tomas Kubalik, RW/LW
5. Matt Calvert, LW
6. Ryan Murray, D
7. T.J Tynan, RW
8. Michael Chaput, C
9. Oscar Dansk, G
10. Will Weber, D

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
After Draft

1. Cam Atkinson, RW
2. David Savard, D
3. Boone Jenner, C
4. Tomas Kubalik, RW/LW
5. Matt Calvert, LW
6. Ryan Murray, D
7. T.J Tynan, RW
8. Michael Chaput, C
9. Oscar Dansk, G
10. Will Weber, D

sorry your on crack if you think kubalik, calvert and jenner are going to be better than murray. . its already been said hes capable of handling 18mins a night from the start. And Dansk at 9? come on. Have some faith

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
After Draft

1. Cam Atkinson, RW
2. David Savard, D
3. Boone Jenner, C
4. Tomas Kubalik, RW/LW
5. Matt Calvert, LW
6. Ryan Murray, D
7. T.J Tynan, RW
8. Michael Chaput, C
9. Oscar Dansk, G
10. Will Weber, D
...not even in the top five?

I suppose we're all entitled to our opinions, but... dayum, hon.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
After Draft

1. Cam Atkinson, RW
2. David Savard, D
3. Boone Jenner, C
4. Tomas Kubalik, RW/LW
5. Matt Calvert, LW
6. Ryan Murray, D
7. T.J Tynan, RW
8. Michael Chaput, C
9. Oscar Dansk, G
10. Will Weber, D

We get it. We know you don't like the Murray pick. While you are entitled to your opinion, if you honestly think that Matt Calvert, Kubalik, and Boone Jenner - all of whom project as second/third line players at their absolute peak - are better than Ryan Murray, then I have to seriously question whether or not you even watch hockey. If you're just out to be a troll about the new pickup, that's cool also; but you're really insulting your own intelligence with some of the things you're saying.

Give the kid a chance. When/if this team starts winning with him on the top pair, I'm going to watch your every word and remind you of times like this :nod:

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
We get it. We know you don't like the Murray pick. While you are entitled to your opinion, if you honestly think that Matt Calvert, Kubalik, and Boone Jenner - all of whom project as second/third line players at their absolute peak - are better than Ryan Murray, then I have to seriously question whether or not you even watch hockey. If you're just out to be a troll about the new pickup, that's cool also; but you're really insulting your own intelligence with some of the things you're saying.

Give the kid a chance. When/if this team starts winning with him on the top pair, I'm going to watch your every word and remind you of times like this :nod:

I agree that Brass16 has his own agenda; but, if you're going take a stand like that bolded, you better be willing to come back and admit you were wrong should Murray not prove to be everything you've touted him to be. That's only fair.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The fact thats hes already played with nhl players and theyve already are amazed by him speaks huge volumes. And our D already saw a HUGE improvement with jj alone. Murray has been captain of every team hes played for since he was 10... its only a matter of time before he gets our C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad