Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Jack Roslovic re-signs with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $1.9M AAV)

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I could see Roslovic becoming a pretty solid 2C in CBJ. I think he is being overlooked in this swap.
You do NOT want him anywhere near your #2c spot.

Watching the game right now. The Columbus media is talking up the home town kid like he's a future #2c. There's no evidence to show he's anywhere near that.

He's a third line winger tweener. Still a good, useful player but does not have 2c potential. I think Jackets fans will be sorely disappointed if they listen to the media on this one

Reactions: MarkWheeler

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
I could see Roslovic becoming a pretty solid 2C in CBJ. I think he is being overlooked in this swap.

Nothing against the guy but he's not being overlooked. Unless he somehow develops some extra skills, he's not a 2C. He's a good third liner and, maybe if there is some injuries, he can slot in as a 2C temporarily. That's not an insult to him either. That's just his role based on his abilities.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Will be interesting to see the opinions of those who thought PLD was being disrespectful or immoral in asking for a trade. I'm sure they'll bring that same energy for Roslovic who just held out while demanding a trade.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Will be interesting to see the opinions of those who thought PLD was being disrespectful or immoral in asking for a trade. I'm sure they'll bring that same energy for Roslovic who just held out while demanding a trade.
Did Roslovic ever turn in a shift as disgraceful as PLD's?
Did he refuse to give any reason why he wanted out?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Did Roslovic ever turn in a shift as disgraceful as PLD's?
Did he refuse to give any reason why he wanted out?

So giving up on a team completely is more noble than continuing to play for your team? Torts got the effort he deserved from PLD after crying to the media that a player didn't enjoy his coaching. You reap what you sow.

Roslovic mostly wanted a trade because he wanted to be played as a top 6 C despite having never performed like one. Not sure why the reason suddenly matters now though.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So giving up on a team completely is more noble than continuing to play for your team? Torts got the effort he deserved from PLD after crying to the media that a player didn't enjoy his coaching. You reap what you sow.

Roslovic mostly wanted a trade because he wanted to be played as a top 6 C despite having never performed like one. Not sure why the reason suddenly matters now though.
Ah, so you're part of the "It's all Tortorella's fault" crowd. Good to know.

I'm not too concerned about Roz, because, frankly, this is his hometown. I have my fingers crossed w/r/t Laine; that could either go really well or really poorly. But neither of them tried to actively sabotage the team's work on the ice.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Ah, so you're part of the "It's all Tortorella's fault" crowd. Good to know.

I'm not too concerned about Roz, because, frankly, this is his hometown. I have my fingers crossed w/r/t Laine; that could either go really well or really poorly. But neither of them tried to actively sabotage the team's work on the ice.

Yes, I do believe Torts has the lions share of the blame here. That is the logical conclusion when he continually drives away talented players with his personality and and grinding system. Its funny that you say that to imply I am obviously too biased or misinformed to be taken seriously. That you obviously have a correct grasp on the situation because the player who asked for a trade to leave your team was immoral, entitled, and "sabotaging the team" but, the player who asked for a trade that ended up on your team obviously won't have any of those same flaws, because he's... from Ohio? Crazy how despite all the moving parts and nuance of the situation everything CBJ did was correct and all the players and coaches that remain were the good guys all along.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Yes, I do believe Torts has the lions share of the blame here. That is the logical conclusion when he continually drives away talented players with his personality and and grinding system.
Convenient that you've looked past every article and Tweet and etc. that has made it clear that Tortorella has been the cause of recent departures in exactly NONE of the cases. I recommend informing yourself rather than leaning on prejudice.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Could this be the year that Jarmo finally hits on the smaller deals/moves?

MDZ looks like a legitimate top 6 dman

Grigorenko looks like a legit top 6 player

Koivu hasn't played so that's still TBD.

But if Roslovic and the others can actually step up and play up to their roles this could be a really solid team

Reactions: Stubu

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
To be clear, it's one thing to ask for a trade, it's another to sign a contract, buy a condo and then proceed to push for a trade by not performing on the ice. That's not acceptable for any player. Lots of players ask for trades. They all have their reasons but don't hurt your teammates. That's the crime in my book. PLD quit on his team, his teammates and the city.

Reactions: Stubu and Toe Pick

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Could this be the year that Jarmo finally hits on the smaller deals/moves?

MDZ looks like a legitimate top 6 dman

Grigorenko looks like a legit top 6 player

Koivu hasn't played so that's still TBD.

But if Roslovic and the others can actually step up and play up to their roles this could be a really solid team
I'm not ready to call Grigs a legit top 6 guy. He's done well but I think they need to revamp the PP and get him consistent time there. He's a bottom 6 guy 5 v 5 with an ability to pitch in. He's not a 40-60 pt player.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Nothing against the guy but he's not being overlooked. Unless he somehow develops some extra skills, he's not a 2C. He's a good third liner and, maybe if there is some injuries, he can slot in as a 2C temporarily. That's not an insult to him either. That's just his role based on his abilities.
I don't pretend to know much about Roslovic but I do remember watching him get absolutely rolled by the bigger St. Louis Blues in a playoff series a couple of years ago. He's not a 2C in any sense of the word. Maybe being in his hometown will help?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Convenient that you've looked past every article and Tweet and etc. that has made it clear that Tortorella has been the cause of recent departures in exactly NONE of the cases. I recommend informing yourself rather than leaning on prejudice.

Yes, its probably just a coincidence that torts is a huge ***hole and that players prefer to play for teams that he isn't coaching.

Video unrelated

Reactions: Morrison

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I don't pretend to know much about Roslovic but I do remember watching him get absolutely rolled by the bigger St. Louis Blues in a playoff series a couple of years ago. He's not a 2C in any sense of the word. Maybe being in his hometown will help?
I see him being a 3C here.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
All I was wondering was if people demonizing PLD would hold Roslovic to the same standard. I have received my answer.
They're held to the standards that their actions dictate. If you want to pretend that the details don't matter, that's your problem, not ours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad