Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Jack Roslovic re-signs with the Blue Jackets (2 years, $1.9M AAV)

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Is Roslovic's line consistently getting hemmed in their own zone and he's just on a PDO/shooting percentage heater or are they consistently carrying the play? I just ask because looking at his stats his takeaways per 60 are down and his turnover per 60 are up.

With the Jets he never managed to carry the play and didn't convert on opportunities like it seems he is right now. His shooting percentage over the past 3 seasons averages around 10% but he's at over 23% at the moment. 2 years ago he was around 6-7% on the season. Obviously not sustainable but super fun while it lasts.

We got each other out of a pretty tight bind so I hope it works out for both of us. Roslovic's success is helping to gloss over Laine's issues at the moment. PLD's just coming out of quarantine and you can see it starting to come back. We weren't going to get a better player than PLD for Laine and you guys didn't get better than Laine for PLD. Sending Roslovic home just made too much sense to make sure we won the bidding war. With any luck we'll see each other in the playoffs.

Reactions: Toe Pick

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
I love Jack but not sure it’s necessarily a “steal” from the Jets. He may never have produced there. Us Jackets fans can understand that when we look at William Karlson. People say we got robbed in the expansion draft, but Wild Bill wasn’t that guy for us and needed a change of scenery to become him. The way these things go sometimes. It’s just nice to be on the good side of that for a change.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I love Jack but not sure it’s necessarily a “steal” from the Jets. He may never have produced there. Us Jackets fans can understand that when we look at William Karlson. People say we got robbed in the expansion draft, but Wild Bill wasn’t that guy for us and needed a change of scenery to become him. The way these things go sometimes. It’s just nice to be on the good side of that for a change.

Yup. Although I initially had more sour thoughts on him when leaving, I always knew whatever he may amount to in Columbus is not a linear progression of where he would have gone while in Winnipeg. Some players truly need a different spot to achieve their potential. And he seems motivated there. Hope he stays motivated and don't worry, Patty will get rolling soon.

Reactions: Viqsi and Monk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Is Roslovic's line consistently getting hemmed in their own zone and he's just on a PDO/shooting percentage heater or are they consistently carrying the play? I just ask because looking at his stats his takeaways per 60 are down and his turnover per 60 are up.
Last night they were actually carrying play and spending a lot of time in the opponent's zone.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Last night they were actually carrying play and spending a lot of time in the opponent's zone.

Nice! That's great for Jack. I'm happy for him. Hopefully they can keep that up. If they do you may have won the trade in a landslide. :) A lot hinges on how long Dubois is a Jet for, but the early returns are looking good for the Jackets. I can't see Roslovic ever leaving even if Laine ultimately does.

Reactions: Viqsi

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

With the Jets he never managed to carry the play and didn't convert on opportunities like it seems he is right now. His shooting percentage over the past 3 seasons averages around 10% but he's at over 23% at the moment. 2 years ago he was around 6-7% on the season. Obviously not sustainable but super fun while it lasts.

We got each other out of a pretty tight bind so I hope it works out for both of us. Roslovic's success is helping to gloss over Laine's issues at the moment. PLD's just coming out of quarantine and you can see it starting to come back. We weren't going to get a better player than PLD for Laine and you guys didn't get better than Laine for PLD. Sending Roslovic home just made too much sense to make sure we won the bidding war. With any luck we'll see each other in the playoffs.

I love the current state of player evaluation. Watch the games. You will see that he's carrying the play and making things happen.

Reactions: DJA and Viqsi

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
I love the current state of player evaluation. Watch the games. You will see that he's carrying the play and making things happen.

I don't have time to watch Blue Jackets games... which is why I asked the people that do what's actually happening. He had specific issues in his game with the Jets. His stats look like those issues are actually worse in Columbus but he's putting up points based on an unsustainable shooting %. The Assist numbers per 60 are identical to what he did with the Jets.

Sounds like he's carrying the play and making things happen. That's great. I was just asking if the underlying numbers reflected what was happening on the ice or not. Sounds like not.

Reactions: Monk

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I don't have time to watch Blue Jackets games... which is why I asked the people that do what's actually happening. He had specific issues in his game with the Jets. His stats look like those issues are actually worse in Columbus but he's putting up points based on an unsustainable shooting %. The Assist numbers per 60 are identical to what he did with the Jets.

Sounds like he's carrying the play and making things happen. That's great. I was just asking if the underlying numbers reflected what was happening on the ice or not. Sounds like not.

Roslovic is playing very well.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

Probably a mixture of the two. When you even just look at his goals, 2 of them were with a wide open net (second goal vs Chicago last night) or a completely uncovered high danger shot in the slot about 10-12 feet out (1st goal as a Blue Jacket)

Then the other two goals were a highlight reel goal vs Carolina and a PP goal one timer from the top of the circle vs Chicago. Roslovics line had some looks last night, but Chicago is still a team that bleeds high danger shots and chances against, also with Murphy out as their best defensive dman, so take what you will from that.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Childish reply aside, It's okay to admit when you're wrong, mate.

Was honest question, who needs to bump themselves every few games? lol. I'm not wrong, I said he was skilled. You just look silly posting after three games. I've always been a fan of him. Doubtful he keeps this pace though. There was no reason for Chevy to include him in the deal though, was great pickup from Columbus, buy low on him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Was honest question, who needs to bump themselves every few games? lol. I'm not wrong, I said he was skilled. You just look silly posting after three games. I've always been a fan of him. Doubtful he keeps this pace though. There was no reason for Chevy to include him in the deal though, was great pickup from Columbus, buy low on him.

I don't know if you noticed, but this is a Jack Roslovic thread. There are new posts about him in here after every game.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Yea, that's what the stats bear out so far. He needs to work on his defensive game though. They are pretty much about even when he's on the ice as per xG%.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm really surprised that Roslovic has been able to play center as well as he has with the Jackets.

But that just begs the question, why the hell didn't the Jets play him at center? He held out from the Jets because he didn't see a top-6 opportunity there, but the Jets had a pretty massive hole at 2C for the long run before the trade. Sure, they had Stastny in the short term, but why not plan on Roslovic being your 2C?

The Jets did play him at center. I would argue they didn't do it enough but his worst games were when he played center for us. His best production came when he was playing RW. He had a lot of time in the top 6 with injuries last year and a bit and never found a really consistent level to his game. He got to play with a lot of really good players. I do wish they would have played him a bit more with Connor as those two had tons of chemistry together but Kyle was stapled to Scheif and Wheeler for the most part.

They even used Wheeler as a center at times (usually when Scheifele was hurt) instead of Roslovic. I don't think he had the coaches confidence in his defensive game. It's too bad but hopefully it all works out for the best for all the players and both teams.

The nice thing about trading with an eastern team is we don't have that much interaction in a normal year so I don't have to hope for their failure like I would with a Western team that affects the Jets playoff positioning.

Reactions: Keystone

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
If he tried his fancy footwork goal instead of dumping it in Maurice would “make him cry” wether he scored or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad