Rumor: CBJ interested in Jason Pominville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Fair enough, I can understand that. I'm not sure I see a deal then between Buffalo and Columbus without Foligno or Dubinsky (and one of the 1sts) involved.

From what I've seen, the team is pretty adamant about not giving up a core guy. Really doubt you'd get Foligno/Dubinsky + a 1st from Columbus.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The mains were saying Pominville was asked for a list of teams he wouldn't accept trade to. Any legs? And what are the realistic changes the CBJ are on said list?

If we were, why would we be talking and offering a first for him?

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The mains were saying Pominville was asked for a list of teams he wouldn't accept trade to. Any legs? And what are the realistic changes the CBJ are on said list?

He did submit his list. As of the end of last week, he was telling reporters he had not yet been asked for a list. Then tweets started going out that he provided a list over the weekend. As of Monday and Tuesday, he would not answer whether he provided a list.

Circumstantially, it appears that he has submitted his 8-team NTC list.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I wouldn't be surprised if CBJ wasn't on his list of no-trade teams. They're an organization on the come with good, young players--including a top defenseman who hasn't played a game for them this year--and a few 1st rounders. We've been speculating on the list, and I'd be surprised if he didn't use 3 of his 8 on NE division teams--I can't see him being interested in Boston (too much bad blood), Toronto (he'd hate that market), and one of Montreal/Ottawa.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I think that Pominville would be good, but after many other trade deadlines where we've been teased that we're "going for it, if the price is right" why do I feel a let down coming on.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think that Pominville would be good, but after many other trade deadlines where we've been teased that we're "going for it, if the price is right" why do I feel a let down coming on.

Just don't be let down if it doesn't happen. Team would have not given up a first round pick Nd would have more options going into the offseason.
And if it happens, that's cool too.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Just don't be let down if it doesn't happen. Team would have not given up a first round pick Nd would have more options going into the offseason.
And if it happens, that's cool too.

I wasn't talking about me, I was talking generally. I know what this board will be like (at least some) if Pominville doesn't happen. I'm just curious to see if anything pans out this afternoon. 2 hours and 23 minutes will tell.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I wasn't talking about me, I was talking generally. I know what this board will be like (at least some) if Pominville doesn't happen. I'm just curious to see if anything pans out this afternoon. 2 hours and 23 minutes will tell.

Gotcha. Consider my advice applicable to all!

I'm excited that it might happen. It's ok if it doesn't.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
if ever there was a trade deadline that was tailor-made for the Scott Howsen approach :sarcasm:

I think the Scott Howson approach is in effect by default due to the season being shortened and Jarmo being relatively new.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Much as he would help, I'd hold onto all 3 picks until closer to the draft. If we end up with pick 9-10, we could get into the top 3-4 by trading a couple of our #1s. That IMO is much more valuable than a 30 year old winger.
Also once teams start looking at the new salary cap their will be teams shedding salaries and we could (not sure) add a more valuable peice.
So it wouldn't be the worst deal (I would not include John Moore - keep in mind he was one of our few bright spots early on), but I would be patient.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
At 30, I don't think Pominville fits into JK's plan for the big picture and will be too expensive in terms of what has to go to Buffalo. I'm hoping JK stays quiet today and then works his magic at the draft. JK will have a lot of leverage at the draft.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
At 30, he's not exactly what I was expecting when they mentioned they wanted a young forward that could score.

He'd be the best option on this team right now, though. No debating that.

But at 30, he would still have 4-10 prouctive years potentially left in him. I know everthing after about 35 depends on the individual, but I could live with 4-6 good years out of him.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
If we were, why would we be talking and offering a first for him?

Same thing we went through with Nash. GM's will negotiate with all. None of the teams are likely to know they AREN'T on the list and Buffalo could theoretically use that, to a degree, to drive the price up. CBJ may or may not be on the list. Have to think they would have a good shot of being a possible destination for him (not on the "not" list :))

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
12:51pm: Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos is reporting that the Devils are dangling a first rounder in hopes of landing a scoring winger. Could this be the fit for Jason Pominville? On Sabres Hockey Hotline this morning, Andrew Peters said that Pominville is just the kind of player that Lou Lamoriello would love to have on his team.

1:20pm: Jason Pominville has moved to the top of TSN’s “Trade Bait†list, with Minnesota suddenly popping up as a team showing considerable interest in Buffalo’s captain. As we get closer to 3pm, Pominville’s stock will continue to rise.

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=16007&navid=DL|BUF|home

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I figure the CBJ won't last long in a bidding war for his services. They are not going to want to part with too many assets to make this happen.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if CBJ wasn't on his list of no-trade teams. They're an organization on the come with good, young players--including a top defenseman who hasn't played a game for them this year--and a few 1st rounders. We've been speculating on the list, and I'd be surprised if he didn't use 3 of his 8 on NE division teams--I can't see him being interested in Boston (too much bad blood), Toronto (he'd hate that market), and one of Montreal/Ottawa.

The problem is that very few outside of I-270 really know this. At first impression, Columbus is what they were and always have been to most anyone who isn't following them closely.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
The problem is the Devils don't have a first round pick this year, they had to forfeit it due to the Kovy deal.

Not true. They have either 2013 or 2014 1st. They have to forfeit one of these picks since they kept 2011 and 2012. They had 4 years to forfeit one pick. To me they should have done last years but hey, that's me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad