Rumor: CBJ interested in Jason Pominville

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernmorris

Jun 9, 2008
@TheFourthPeriod: Minny, Columbus, LA, Detroit among teams interested in Jason Pominville. There are others. Of those 4, tho, only CBJ willing to deal a 1st.

I assume that we wouldn't be talking to Buffalo if we weren't on his trade list and I also assume that the 1st round pick gives us a leg up on the competition. Will it take more and if so what?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
@TheFourthPeriod: Minny, Columbus, LA, Detroit among teams interested in Jason Pominville. There are others. Of those 4, tho, only CBJ willing to deal a 1st.

I assume that we wouldn't be talking to Buffalo if we weren't on his trade list and I also assume that the 1st round pick gives us a leg up on the competition. Will it take more and if so what?

Kings' 1st + Savard or Moore.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
if nothing else, you're consistent. :laugh:

I just have no interest in trading futures for now. Also, I think draft picks have more value around the draft, so you aren't getting as much value as you could for the asset.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
Assume Pominville signs for 4-5 years.

Which is more valuable his 80-100 goals or a late first round pick? No question in my mind Pominville is more valuable over the next five years.

Cbj91

Mar 22, 2013
I would be very happy with this.. A first and savard would be great, possibly even Moore.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
We hope we get a late first to turn into Pommer. Still got years of good play left in him imo

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I am surprised if we are on his list unless he knows people here.

For all we know, we could be on his list of 8 teams he won't go to and Buffalo might be using our interest in bait to get a better deal from a team that is not on his list.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
First of all there's the source, it's the fourth period folks.

Now if the team is really considering a veteran scoring winger he probably fits the bill. One more year @5.3M, may or may not be re-signable, may or may not be desirable to be signed.

But he is a known quantity, has consistently produced, projection would be about 7 points over the rest of the season, or about .7 pts/game. Not bad for a team with a G/G 0f 2.31. So what is the worth of 12 games + 1 year of a hoped for boost?

If it's going to be done now, with an eye towards the playoffs any draft pick should be conditional, 2nd+ or first if make the playoffs something like that. I would not include any roster player. I also think it sends a message to the team that the FO is looking to help based on the efforts the guys have put out.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
For all we know, we could be on his list of 8 teams he won't go to and Buffalo might be using our interest in bait to get a better deal from a team that is not on his list.

I have faith in JD and JK that they'd check with Buffalo regarding the "list" before engaging in any serious discussions.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
Assume Pominville signs for 4-5 years.

Which is more valuable his 80-100 goals or a late first round pick? No question in my mind Pominville is more valuable over the next five years.

Call me cynical, but firsts aren't sure things. I'm an abused CBJ fan, I know. Give me the Mayor to go along with the Top Cop.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
First of all there's the source, it's the fourth period folks.

Now if the team is really considering a veteran scoring winger he probably fits the bill. One more year @5.3M, may or may not be re-signable, may or may not be desirable to be signed.

But he is a known quantity, has consistently produced, projection would be about 7 points over the rest of the season, or about .7 pts/game. Not bad for a team with a G/G 0f 2.31. So what is the worth of 12 games + 1 year of a hoped for boost?

If it's going to be done now, with an eye towards the playoffs any draft pick should be conditional, 2nd+ or first if make the playoffs something like that. I would not include any roster player. I also think it sends a message to the team that the FO is looking to help based on the efforts the guys have put out.

You'd probably have a better chance with conditional picks if his deal was expiring this year and there was the possibility he was a true short term rental versus next year. If I'm not mistaken and the rule hasn't changed, you can't negotiate new deals until the last year of their contract starts anyway.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I have faith in JD and JK that they'd check with Buffalo regarding the "list" before engaging in any serious discussions.

Considering what happened between Boston and Calgary for Iginla, I put nothing past anyone at this point.

For all I know, Buffalo could be keeping that list completely secret as an advantage in a bidding war.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Get it done. Pommer for LA's 1st and Savard

Kings' 1st + Savard or Moore.

Savard/Moore don't really fit our needs. Pysyk and McNabb will both be in Buffalo next season, so I can't imagine they're looking for another young blueliner.

Would you add Dubinsky to LA's 1st (practically an early-2nd given that they should be in the WC Finals) to get Poms?

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Savard/Moore don't really fit our needs. Pysyk and McNabb will both be in Buffalo next season, so I can't imagine they're looking for another young blueliner.

Would you add Dubinsky to LA's 1st (practically an early-2nd given that they should be in the WC Finals) to get Poms?

Nope. Nor do I think Kekalainen would either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad