Confirmed with Link: CBJ hire Mike Babcock as head coach (UPDATE: Under NHLPA Investigation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
If Jarmo and JD go, what about Nash?

well documented he advocated for Babcock.
Honestly I expect Nash gets a free pass no matter what. He's far enough removed from the top decision makers that he doesn't have to sink with the current ship.

A question I have is if the CBJ player notified the NHLPA and it was someone in the NHLPA who leaked to Bissonette.
Wasn't that an earlier statement right after the whole thing blew up? Don't think it's been a recent line of investigation (based on what people are saying, obviously we don't know anything...).

But that would be so funny and would fit this case so well. :D

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I humbly suggest that after every CBJ goal at NWA we celebrate by turning the flash light on in our phones and wave them back and forth

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
It seems to me that the NHLPA is trying to save face. I say that because of this line in the article from Portzline:

A question I have is if the CBJ player notified the NHLPA and it was someone in the NHLPA who leaked to Bissonette.

If so, that's a pretty big breach of protocol for what should be a confidential process.

§11 of universal declaration of players rights NHLPA
“Every player has the right to a private life, privacy and protection in relation to the collection, storage and transfer of personal data”

Why does NHLPA need to save its face? No, troika will punish harshly

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
If Jarmo and JD go, what about Nash?

well documented he advocated for Babcock.
It's very much possible that Babcock treated Nash well. They didnt spend that much time together. He wont be and shouldnt be punished for that.

Jarmo and JD weighed the risks of hiring a guy with a hundred public redflags, and made the decision. They are responsible for everything in this case.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Yeah I'd like to know who wanted Babcock, he wasn't in the consideration previously. He probably knows JD best, Nash 2nd.

Babs wasn't on Jarmos list previously, how did he get there?

Nobody knows (as usually). A man was walking past the office, someone noticed and shouted out the window, “Hey guy, how u doing? Do u want to work with us, help in the filigree laying of bricks?” :snide:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I have a bad feeling that if Babs had to leave and we hired Gallant, soon our technical players might demand a trade. Columbus is not New York to endure playing up and down. If the Rangers didn't have Shesterkin it's questionable where they would have ended up.
Honestly, I prefer Vincent. He knows the team and there is no time for an outside coach.
But I still believe Babs will stay.

Jukka Jalonen. Winner, with youth and men. He's the one they should have went 2 years ago
Zero experiences in NA hockey.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
If they're going to change horses this close to camp I'd feel much better about it going to Pascal Vincent. He knows whats going on, he knows all the systems, the new ones and the old ones, he knows the players. I definitely wouldn't touch Gallant or Jalonen regardless.
Would it be as a interim coach and have this season as a tryout or since he was considered in the running, just give him an extension and name him HC? If interim and he does well, possibility another team swoops in? I can't remember his contract status.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Ok but that doesn't really explain how this incident has made you like him more.
I seemingly look at things completely different than the people who now look at Babcock less/worse than they did so before this “situation”.

What has he done that could possibly make me NOT like him??

The way people are turning on him (without even knowing what he did) makes me like him more. Quite frankly, I also have no problem with “assholes” either.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJ goalie

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I seemingly look at things completely different than the people who now look at Babcock less/worse than they did so before this “situation”.

What has he done that has made me NOT like him??

The way people are turning on him (without even knowing what he did) makes me like him more. Quite frankly, I also have no problem with “assholes” either.

So you like it that he's an asshole, by your own admission?

And you prefer it that he created all this attention to his asshole ways, because you want that to be the course of the team?

Is that correct? By your words, you've been more impressed by him after all this, so it's the being n asshole that appeals to you?

Last edited:

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Who should our next coach be? I vote for Gallant.
AI with extended reality instructions on the visor (shifts, moment, speed and direction of throwing the puck, coordination of the line, PK/PP units, all aspects of game), would be the best coach. AI can also take into account the wishes of fans, give comments and explanations in real time individually to each fan. Time to negotiate with NHL and NVIDIA

IMG_4379.jpeg

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
It happened a minimum of 5 weeks ago, if not more. Why is this only being published now?

To Commodore. Isn't this his revenge not only on Babcock but also #CBJ because he had waived by this team?

To Jarmo. Babs did it in both Detroit and Toronto. Nobody had a problem with it. Therefore, Jarmo could not have known that if Babs repeated it, there might be problems.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I have a bad feeling that if Babs had to leave and we hired Gallant, soon our technical players might demand a trade. Columbus is not New York to endure playing up and down. If the Rangers didn't have Shesterkin it's questionable where they would have ended up.
Honestly, I prefer Vincent. He knows the team and there is no time for an outside coach.
But I still believe Babs will stay.

Zero experiences in NA hockey.

Two years ago I doubt zero experience would have gotten worse results.. now perhaps it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille