Waived: [CBJ] F Liam Foudy waived by the Blue Jackets (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs should grab him for their 4C. Their current 4C Fredrik Olofsson sucks. Olofsson can't win faceoffs, can't win board battles and has hands of stone. He's the one guy I've seen this season that looks way out of place on this otherwise awesome roster.

And this gives us two Foudys.

Olofsson seems fine. And the Avs also have Pavel who will get games at 4C since Bednar liked him a lot in preseason despite his injury.

as others have said the avs could be a good fit. their playstyle fits his strengths and his brother is part of the organization.

Having two brothers on the same team would be nice, but they'd also be competing for exactly the same job so they may not like that so much from that perspective.

The Avs are pretty deep at the NHL level so if they want Foudy perhaps they'd be better off trading for him if/when he clears waivers so they can send him straight to the AHL to play with his brother.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The Avs have a tonne of cap flexibility with their roster right now with Francouz being on LTIR and all their depth guys having already cleared waivers (i.e. Tufte, Meyers, etc), so they are pretty well placed to make a claim here and roll with Foudy on the roster for a bit if they like him.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Other than Zadina and Kravtsov, the top 10 is solid.

Sure Zadina was underwhelming (even under whelping...I learned from this thread) in Detroit but he has been looking very determined right now. Though it's early in the season, he's looking fantastic in San Jose (possibly due to others on the team being a dumpster fire :laugh:)

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
I remember a time when some CBJ fans talked about how he was going to be a major top 6 player and was untouchable.
Posts like these are the worst.

Of course many CBJ fans liked their 1st round pick. Many of you Canuck fans liked Jake Virtanen. Many of us Sens fans liked Logan Brown.

It's dumb and lazy to suggest that only some fanbases hype up their 1st round picks.

Jan 21, 2018
I remember a time when some CBJ fans talked about how he was going to be a major top 6 player and was untouchable.

It’s hilarious seeing posts like this, are you suggesting that fans of your team don’t have unrealistic expectations?

I remember a time when some Vancouver fans talked about how they were going to win the Stanley Cup after being up 2-0 against Boston :sarcasm:

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
What are you talking about?

Other than Zadina and Kravtsov, the top 10 is solid. The rest of the first round falls off dramatically every year.
I’d throw Kotkaniemi too. 3rd overall and he s been showing sub 50 point seasons

Last edited by a moderator:

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Flyers should grab him. If they take a player on waivers, does he have to clear waivers again for that team to go to the AHL?

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
What are you talking about?

Other than Zadina and Kravtsov, the top 10 is solid. The rest of the first round falls off dramatically every year.

You do know a draft is based on the whole, and not just the top 10.

The back half of the 1st round is pretty bad. 3 of those guys may never even touch a single NHL game. It's still relatively early, but you can look at the previous drafts and it's pretty bad compared to the other 1st rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad