Waived: [CBJ] F Liam Foudy waived by the Blue Jackets (claimed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Same thing they say about Cole Sillinger right now.
Replace "right now" with "two seasons ago" and you're right. Right now most are in the "wait and see" or "I've got a bad feeling about this (or his development/keeping him up)" camp. But he is only 20 still, so who knows. He's a good comparison to Foudy in this case at least to some degree but the timeline in your post was off.

Reactions: Fro

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I remember a time when some CBJ fans talked about how he was going to be a major top 6 player and was untouchable.
I don’t remember a single CBJ fan on here thinking this at any point. The highest ceiling I ever saw mentioned, which was also the consensus, was a high end energy third liner, like others have said.

Reactions: majormajor

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think he can probably be a 4th liner somewhere just like Eric Robinson. The Jackets may suck but they do have about 10-12 guys (when healthy) for 6 bottom line spots all of whom could probably stick somewhere in a 10 minute a night role.

The totality of the line-up is bad and a work in progress but there are definitely a lot (too many) bodies and that’s before you even get to guys like Fix-Wolansky who themselves are probably AAAA players at this point.

Since Foudy makes the minimum unlike Robinson - I could see him getting claimed. I could also see him gettin re-waived by his new team and not being picked back up by the Jackets given their sheer volume of bodies. So it may be a chance to stash a guy too.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Drafted too high, maybe late 2nd or 3rd (high) is more realistic. He does have exceptional speed, he'll likely clear and likely added into a larger trade.

AVs should consider uniting with his brother JF in the AHL. Could help each other improve to reach the NHL.
Wouldn’t surprise me if we put in a claim. The Avs pro level organizational depth is pretty atrocious right now.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Wouldn't mind NJ taking a shot on him for Utica, probably not worth claiming him though just to place him back on waivers.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Wasn't this guy once touted as a nearly untouchable prospect?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Avs should grab him for their 4C. Their current 4C Fredrik Olofsson sucks. Olofsson can't win faceoffs, can't win board battles and has hands of stone. He's the one guy I've seen this season that looks way out of place on this otherwise awesome roster.

And this gives us two Foudys.
I disagree. Olofson is good positionally, good skater, good decision making, just poor in the faceoffs (foudy would suck also). Bednar giving him PK responsibilities and more mins than Cogs also shows he has value.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Do you have a link for a chance? Nobody said that.
I don't know if many saw him as an untouchable top-6 guy, but he was a good prospect, I liked him

He went as high as he did because he destroyed the combine, and his skating and size almost guaranteed he would make the NHL

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I always dislike comments like these. If there are 7-8 people already saying that, than yes you probably remember that.

In the grand scheme of things it means NOTHING.
Every fan has high hopes for prospects they either seen, like , or have followed. Every fanbase does this so yea I agree and dislike as well

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Every fan base can be guilty of over valuing their prospect

It's really strange that this has come up in a thread about Liam Foudy of all players, a player that Jackets fans have always considered a bottom six type checking forward.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Avs should grab him for their 4C. Their current 4C Fredrik Olofsson sucks. Olofsson can't win faceoffs, can't win board battles and has hands of stone. He's the one guy I've seen this season that looks way out of place on this otherwise awesome roster.

And this gives us two Foudys.
Foudy hasn’t played center since juniors and also has stone hands.

• Wow
Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad