Confirmed with Link: CBJ Extend Andrew Peeke 3 years 2.75M AAV

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I gotta say I was skeptical about his transition to a more physical game since I felt he was grasping at straws when the transition game wasn’t strong.

Gotta say he tried but then comes to camp significantly bigger and looks to be really putting the work in. Sounds like a good deal for both parties

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Good. I like Peeke. He plays hard, and is a good shot blocker. I am hoping he will grow into a solid D-man.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Someone explain to me how Peeke has earned a 2,75m/year deal?
Umm, he’s going to be on our top line until Jiricek or Mateychuk take that position from him. His 2nd half of the season was dramatically better than the first half . He’s well rounded defenseman that can skate , play the physical game , great shot blocker, and the offensive tools are there .

Reactions: Halberdier

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
His metrics aren’t great, but if he cleans up his puck skills I think he’ll be fine. I think he was overplayed last year to not great results. If we can get him to a second or third pairing minutes, that’s fine.

Also people seem to forget he basically sat out an entire season during the covid year and last year was his first taste of full time NHL action. Mixed bag, yes, but he’s still developing. We’ll see how he improves.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Getting crowded on the blue line.

One might assume the blue line in 2024 or 2025 will feature Werenski, Boqvist, now Peeke apparently, Gudbranson (lol), and Gavrikov if he re-signs. Not a lot of room for Bean, Blankenburg, Jiricek, Mateychuk, and Ceulemans.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Slightly more than I would’ve expected but not much (would’ve thought he’d come in around $2.25M). I think it’s most likely he’ll play near a “fair” level to the contract for its duration, but also think it’s more likely the deal will look surprisingly good than surprisingly bad in two years, so hard to complain about it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

One might assume the blue line in 2024 or 2025 will feature Werenski, Boqvist, now Peeke apparently, Gudbranson (lol), and Gavrikov if he re-signs. Not a lot of room for Bean, Blankenburg, Jiricek, Mateychuk, and Ceulemans.
Defenseman are always popular. Best case scenario is all the D improve on the roster, becoming an entire group capable of top 4 minutes, and the kids over rippen in the minors/juniors until we trade the glut for other help we need. It’s not hard to trade good defenseman

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

I like the idea that one of those kids are going to have to knock a veteran out of their spot. (Instead of having the job handed to them, expecting them to "take a step" and "grow into the position")

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Not really … Werenski is a mainstay, Gud could easily be bought out if need be. The rest of the contracts are really solid , and would easily be moveable as an asset . I expect Peeke and Boquist to take a large leap this yr .

Reactions: Halberdier

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I like the idea that one of those kids are going to have to knock a veteran out of their spot. (Instead of having the job handed to them, expecting them to "take a step" and "grow into the position")
You really think that’s Jarmo’s thinking here because I figured he was just spending money to spend money and didn’t realize how many young defenseman or defensemen of particular handedness he was signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00