GDT: CBJ @ CAR || 5:00 PM || GM 78

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Carolina can make teams ok ragged and they are certainly doing that to us.

I know that there a lot of players that are playing that should be in Cleveland but there are a few Jackets
I want gone before next year
We want NAMES! :lol:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Elvis
Tex
Bean
Boquist
Provonov to start
I’m good with that list. While I’ve liked Boqvist with Z this year, he has Ryan Murray durability vibes. And I like Tex a lot but I was hoping to see more from him and where he fits next year is a question. I don’t think he can crack the top9.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I’m good with that list. While I’ve liked Boqvist with Z this year, he has Ryan Murray durability vibes. And I like Tex a lot but I was hoping to see more from him and where he fits next year is a question. I don’t think he can crack the top9.
I’m with you on Tex, for all the hype about his return his play has been meh
Jarmo it seems put a premium on offensively minded defenders but these guys don’t play much defense (at least the players on the CBJ
)
I feel that they really need to upgrade goaltending and defense in order to be competitive next year
Not playoff ready but knocking on the door of the playoffs
Like Philly did this season, not saying we are like Philly as a team but they were in the hunt for a spot

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
All of our lines are going to get killed vs the Canes, so no comment on that, but looking to next game -

Vincent should switch Nylander and Marchenko. The Tex - Silly - Nylander line outscored opponents 8-5 in their run together before Nylander moved up the lineup. And Voronkov and Marchenko obviously have good results.

Elvis
Tex
Bean
Boquist
Provonov to start

Jake Bean is a fine bottom pair guy. No issue there. Though I'd also be happy if we could replace him with an older shutdown guy like Brenden Dillon.

And Texier is a good checking forward on a team with only one viable checking line (the 4th line). That's pretty much where he fits. And I'm okay with that. Some people are going to interpret it such that if a guy isn't top 9 you're supposed to get rid of him, but having a 4th line that establishes a forecheck and pushes play is a big plus.

4th lines typically get outplayed, but the combination of Texier with Kuraly and Olivier/Danforth has 8 GF, 7 GA and good xGs. (No direct link to that but you can see it on moneypuck lines). That's something you want to keep.

He is not a guy you should usually put with skilled players. And I would call the Texier-Sillinger-Marchenko line "the can't make a f*****g pass line". But put him on a unit that actually knows how to forecheck. Danforth, Kuraly, and Olivier are all smart pros about it too, I hope to see them all here next year.

On super-forechecking teams like Carolina and Florida (the teams that lead the league in dump and chase), I think Texier would fit in higher in the lineup. They have expertly figured out the timing on the forecheck. But I would like to keep Tex so that we can figure that out in Columbus.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
All of our lines are going to get killed vs the Canes, so no comment on that, but looking to next game -

Vincent should switch Nylander and Marchenko. The Tex - Silly - Nylander line outscored opponents 8-5 in their run together before Nylander moved up the lineup. And Voronkov and Marchenko obviously have good results.

Jake Bean is a fine bottom pair guy. No issue there. Though I'd also be happy if we could replace him with an older shutdown guy like Brenden Dillon.

And Texier is a good checking forward on a team with only one viable checking line (the 4th line). That's pretty much where he fits. And I'm okay with that. Some people are going to interpret it such that if a guy isn't top 9 you're supposed to get rid of him, but having a 4th line that establishes a forecheck and pushes play is a big plus.

4th lines typically get outplayed, but the combination of Texier with Kuraly and Olivier/Danforth has 8 GF, 7 GA and good xGs. (No direct link to that but you can see it on moneypuck lines). That's something you want to keep.

He is not a guy you should usually put with skilled players. And I would call the Texier-Sillinger-Marchenko line "the can't make a f*****g pass line". But put him on a unit that actually knows how to forecheck. Danforth, Kuraly, and Olivier are all smart pros about it too, I hope to see them all here next year.

On super-forechecking teams like Carolina and Florida (the teams that lead the league in dump and chase), I think Texier would fit in higher in the lineup. They have expertly figured out the timing on the forecheck. But I would like to keep Tex so that we can figure that out in Columbus.
Thanks for the response
Really appreciate the thought you take into your comments
Yes we need a Dillion, or two
I’d be fine with Tex on the fourth line but I have my doubts that he would figure it out,, I could be wrong, but that’s just me

Reactions: majormajor

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

The Danforth-Olivier-Kuraly trio was one of the reasons I’m ok with parting with Tex, a guy I actually like. At one point I thought Olivier was the odd man out - and he may be - but he brings something to this team that is needed.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Danforth-Olivier-Kuraly trio was one of the reasons I’m ok with parting with Tex, a guy I actually like. At one point I thought Olivier was the odd man out - and he may be - but he brings something to this team that is needed.

I'll take all four.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The Canes are a great team so Kudos to them, but for my entire life I don’t think their brand of hockey has ever been fun to watch

I'd like people to take notes on the Canes forecheck. Actually the whole Jackets team should be taking notes.

But people here on HF should also try and understand why the Canes are good. And why the Panthers are good. Those aren't great systems for skilled players to play willy nilly. They have a highly coordinated dump and chase system where everybody is checking, and when the other team screws up under pressure that's when the skill goes to work.

Reactions: thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Rimer just go shi$$y on Jody when he mentioned "you're on your last road trip.:laugh:

Is Elvis now the #4 goalie???

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I'd like people to take notes on the Canes forecheck. Actually the whole Jackets team should be taking notes.

But people here on HF should also try and understand why the Canes are good. And why the Panthers are good. Those aren't great systems for skilled players to play willy nilly. They have a highly coordinated dump and chase system where everybody is checking, and when the other team screws up under pressure that's when the skill goes to work.
The Panthers are much more fun to watch. Stars too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad